Carmody Groarke is an award-winning architectural studio based in Farringdon,
London working internationally on a wide range of arts, cultural, heritage and
The studio is seeing an experienced PA/Studio Coordinator to join the team. Reporting to the Studio Director, you will form an integral part of the operations team, offering administrative support to the directors and wider team, and undertaking a range of activities to ensure the day to day smooth running of the office environment.
The successful candidate must be able to develop strong relationships and have the ability to coordinate a broad range of tasks efficiently with initiative and enthusiasm.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
– Assisting the studio with the day to day administrative and operational tasks to help maintain the smooth running of the studio
– Providing support to the Studio Director with general operational tasks, including facilities, health and safety and IT
– Organising and delivering events ranging from studio trips to project fundraisers
– Review and upkeep of the studio, ensuring the office environment is maintained correctly and rectifying any issues as necessary
– Assisting with general daily communications – answering the phone, greeting clients and setting up for meetings as required
– Recruitment organisation – posting job adverts when necessary, monitoring the jobs email address and setting up interviews as required
– Line management of Studio Assistant
– Managing the directors’ busy and ever-changing diaries, scheduling meetings as necessary and acting as a positive and professional representative for the studio and directors
– Booking business travel and accommodation and arranging visas where necessary, preparing documentation and travel itineraries
– Creating presentations on InDesign for conferences/lectures
– Processing director expenses on a monthly basis
– 1-2 years’ previous experience as a PA/Studio Coordinator, ideally within the architectural and design industries
– Great communication and interpersonal skills
– Strong organisation skills and the ability to multi-task using initiative
– Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion
– Ability to exercise good judgement
– Remains calm and deliberate under conditions of pressure
– Experienced in line management of a small team
– Good Microsoft Office skills are required, knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign would be highly beneficial.
Contract type: Negotiable
Hours: 8:30 am – 5:30 pm, Monday – Friday
Salary: Dependent on skill and experience
To apply, please submit your CV and a covering letter by email to email@example.com outlining your suitability for the role and your availability. Please include ‘PA/Studio Coordinator-Your Name’ In the subject line. Applications should be submitted in PDF format.
The deadline for applications is Friday 17th January with an anticipated start date of Monday 27th January.
Unfortunately owing to the anticipated volume of applications we will be only be able to respond to candidates shortlisted for interview.
Carmody Groarke is an equal opportunities employer.