Caro Communications is seeking an account manager to join its team in London.
We’re looking for a talented and ambitious account manager to join our fun, friendly and focused architecture team in Clerkenwell.
The successful candidate will work in a supportive environment on a diverse and exciting range of projects for clients across the built environment in the UK and internationally.
Caro is a creative communications agency at the heart of the architecture and design communities. We are cultural, connected and collaborative and we know that design has the power to tackle the challenges of a changing world – from the climate emergency to the digital revolution and from sustainable futures to equality.
At Caro Communications we work strategically for leading international architects and brands, cultural institutions, tech innovators, designers, thinkers, makers and developers.
We shape profiles, narratives, campaigns, events, networks, and reputations. We tell stories by connecting with people.
About the role
This account manager position requires experience in a similar role within communications, so you’ll currently be working at senior account executive level, or higher.
Ideally, you’ll have experience working in the architecture sector, but we’re interested in hearing from people with different backgrounds who could be a good fit. Most importantly, you’ll be keen to contribute exciting ideas and enthusiasm.
As part of our architecture team, you’ll work under the guidance of an Account Director with the support of an account executive and content manager. We also have an in-house digital team who work across the architecture, placemaking and design teams.
This is a client-facing role and you’ll be working closely with Caro’s clients across the built environment – demonstrable interest in these fields and excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- co-ordinating PR activities, launches, press office and event management
- keeping clients up to date with team activities and maintaining relationships with them
- building and managing positive, lasting relationships with UK and international media in line with our client’s strategic objectives
- proactively selling-in news stories, profiles, and features to journalists across the sector
- researching and writing pitches, press releases and design statements and creating press packs
- creating campaign evaluations and presentations for new business proposal
- experience in a similar role, ideally within the built environment sector
- an aptitude for teamwork: you’ll thrive on developing and steering exciting cross-disciplinary collaboration
- interpersonal skills – you’ll be great at managing relationships with clients, journalists, and other stakeholders
- strong writing skills – the ability to draft compelling press releases and pitches
- highly competent, self-motivated, with the ambition to develop new skills
- experience and understanding of different media channels
- excellent time-management, organisational and administrative skills
- experience of multitasking, working under pressure and problem solving on the go
- a keen interest in architecture, design and culture
About the office and our hours
This is a full-time role based in our Clerkenwell office. We offer hybrid working and the team current works a minimum of three days a week in the office.
Diversity makes us stronger – we’re keen to hear from applicants underrepresented in the sector and we encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and a short cover letter outlining your suitability for the role, your salary expectations and notice period (if applicable).
Applications should be submitted by clicking the apply for job button below (max file size 5MB).
Caro Communications is an equal opportunities employer.