Caroe Architecture is looking for an architect to join its practice in Cambridge, UK.
Caroe Architecture is dedicated both to the care and conservation of historical places and to the creation of innovative new buildings and enhancements. Our expertise ranges from ecclesiastical settings to complex urban, educational and cultural environments. We currently have live project work involving both new design and conservation for the National Trust, Oxford and Cambridge University Colleges, St Paul’s Cathedral and a wide variety of other interesting Grade I and II* listed buildings and Scheduled Ancient Monuments, including industrial heritage.
We are looking for a recently qualified architect to work with the team in our Cambridge office. You will ideally be a qualified architect with a minimum of two years’ UK technical and project experience since completing your Part 2. Previous work on historic buildings is desirable. Working towards conservation accreditation from either the AABC or RIBA schemes an advantage. Good project opportunities to acquire experience and responsibility are available for the right candidate.
Summary of role requirements:
- qualified architect registered with the ARB with a minimum of two years of relevant UK experience post-Part 2 qualification
- overall to have developing technical skills, to understand and support projects through all RIBA project stages, including as the job-runner, with a sensitivity towards and delight in historic buildings, and with a proven enthusiasm for high quality design and construction
- an excellent command of English, both written and spoken
- a demonstrable experience of and interest in historic buildings is desirable; and an advantage if working towards the AABC or RIBA conservation accreditation
- AutoCAD proficiency (LT2017/18)
- good presentation skills (Photoshop and InDesign) desirable
- good modelling skills (SketchUp and/or other 3D-modelling packages) desirable
- knowledge of UK building industry and building regulations
- good organisational and communication skills
Please submit your CV and a samples of your work, no more than five sides at A3, and maximum 5MB using the ‘apply’ link below.
Caroe Architecture is an equal opportunities employer.