Carpenter & Mason is looking for an intermediate designer/architect to join its studio in New York, USA.
About the role
Carpenter & Mason is an architecture and design studio specializing in hospitality design. We are currently seeking applicants for a full-time intermediate designer role. Qualified candidates must have at least three years of professional experience. Preference will be given to applicants with experience in hospitality design, particularly restaurant design in New York City.
The ideal candidate for this position should be organized, motivated and comfortable in a fast-paced and hands-on environment. Candidates must have an understanding of all phases of the design process – from concept to execution – and should be able to work independently under the direct supervision of a partner.
- a minimum of three years’ professional experience with an interior design firm and/or architecture firm
- professional degree (bachelor’s or master’s degree in interior design or architecture)
- ability to excel in a fast-paced work environment with frequent deadlines
- candidates must be highly motivated and capable of organizing and meeting project schedules
- interest in working across the fields of both architecture and interior design
- strong communication skills (this position requires direct communication with both consultants and clients)
A qualified candidate should have an understanding of hospitality projects from concept to execution, including the skill sets required to:
- develop and represent hospitality concepts
- 3D modeling and renderings skills are a must (Rhino, SketchUp)
- execute drawing sets, from schematic design to construction documents
- research, select and document material and FF&E specifications
- design, document and execute custom FF&E elements
- communicate with team, consultants and client throughout all project phases
- actively participate in the construction administration phase
Please submit a CV, cover letter and work samples/portfolio via the ‘apply’ link below. Please note that work samples must include at least one example of a professional construction document set.
Please no phone calls or office visits.