Marketing and communications manager
at Cartwright Pickard
Cartwright Pickard is seeking a marketing and communications manager to join its team in London.
We’re looking for a talented marketing and communications manager to join our team in London. Working closely with the directors and our senior leadership team, this is an exciting opportunity for a marketing professional who likes to be both strategic and hands on in their work. We are looking for a creative and collaborative individual to take overall responsibility for our marketing and communications strategy, including marketing and PR, business development, bid and competition management, award entries, events and digital marketing. A key part of the role will involve developing sector-specific marketing plans and working closely with our sector leaders to support the practice’s growth ambitions through an account-based marketing (ABM) structure.
With the ability to focus on individual tasks while also seeing the bigger picture, you will have at least three years’ experience in a similar role, ideally within architecture or the construction industry. We’re looking for someone with exemplary copywriting and graphics skills to set the tone and standard for communications across the practice and forge strong relationships with people at all levels.
Your duties will include (but not be limited to):
- developing and implementing annual sector-specific marketing plans
- acting as the overall guardian of the CP brand
- overall responsibility for the identification of potential bid opportunities
- developing impactful bid submissions, presentations and digital brochures
- coordinating the photography, filming and promotion of completed projects
- overseeing the implementation of an engaging content plan for our website and social media channels
- producing award submissions and press releases (in collaboration with architectural teams)
- organising client events and identifying conferences/industry events to attend
- collaborating with other senior staff to deliver effective internal communications, including maintaining our company intranet
- line management of the bids and communications coordinator
You will have:
- three plus years’ experience in a similar role
- marketing or architecture degree preferred (but can be flexible)
- passion for and interest in architecture
- proven track record in the development and implementation of marketing strategies
- excellent project management skills
- proven copywriting and proofreading ability
- strong Adobe InDesign skills
- a firm grasp of digital communications
Our mission is to meet the challenges that matter to people and planet, with architecture that looks beautiful, performs brilliantly and grows old gracefully. By listening closely and challenging respectfully, we create value for everyone who encounters our architecture. Together, we unite head with heart and creativity with research to create places that improve people’s lives.
We believe that good architecture comes from people whose creativity and ingenuity is appreciated. At our open-plan studios in London, Leeds and Manchester, we’ve created an open, fair and friendly culture which allows our diverse team of talented individuals to flourish. We have held an Investors in People Silver accreditation since 2010 and put a lot into the development and training of our staff. In return, we expect you to be at the top of your game, ambitious to learn and progress.
We consider flexible working arrangements on an individual basis and would be happy to discuss this with you during the recruitment process.
We are looking for people who are engaged in our mission and live by our values. These are:
- consider every angle
- put insight into action
- make relationships matter
- build a legacy
Find out more about what it’s like to work here.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We’re committed to making our practice and our industry a diverse, equal and inclusive place to work. We actively encourage applications from under-represented groups in architecture, including Black, Asian and minority ethnic people, people with disabilities and people who identify as being LGBTQ2IA+. Cartwright Pickard is an equal opportunities employer.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter via the apply for job button below quoting reference CP_MCM23.
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive, we only respond to successful applicants.