Cartwright Pickard is looking for a studio administrator and information manager to join its team in Manchester.
This role is an ideal opportunity for an organised and enthusiastic individual to progress their career within architectural support. It is a varied role that will give you the opportunity to get involved in several different aspects of business administration and gain greater experience of managing information streams within an architectural practice. This role is based in our Manchester studio but includes responsibilities to remotely support project teams across our London, Leeds and Manchester studios.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have:
- strong attention to detail, with excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
- can-do attitude with the ability to work under pressure
- excellent interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication
- proactive and positive attitude and be team motivated
- excellent multitasking skills
- previous experience of working in an administrative role
- excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office
- understanding of document control practices and experience with Adobe Creative Suite would be an advantage
- management of incoming and outgoing documentation for project teams
- conduct project audits to identify non-compliance with practice protocols, under supervision from the head of operations
- assist with the preparation and coordination of project documents in the Leeds and Manchester studios
- provide general administrative support to project teams across the practice as required
- coordination of project progress reports for monthly billing
- ensuring the smooth operation of the Manchester studio, including coordinating cleaning and maintenance as required
- studio calendar management, including coordination of annual leave
- answering the phone and redirecting calls
- liaising with internal and external IT support to resolve issues
- supporting the HR manager to coordinate events, including for the Leeds and Manchester studio social gatherings and staff celebrations
- maintaining stationery, daily post and general studio tidiness
- managing Manchester studio petty cash and employee expenses
- raising purchase orders and tracking purchased goods/services
- providing admin support to the Manchester studio as required, including preparation of letters, meeting agendas and minutes, emails and marketing materials
- compiling client presentations as required
- updating staff CPD records
At our open-plan studios in London, Leeds and Manchester, we’ve created an open, fair and friendly culture which allows our diverse team of talented individuals to flourish. We’ve held an Investors in People Silver accreditation since 2010, which is almost unique in our profession. We put a lot into the development and training of our staff. In return, we expect you to be at the top of your game, ambitious to learn and progress.
Equality, diversity and inclusion
We’re committed to making our practice and our industry a diverse, equal and inclusive place to work. We actively encourage applications from under-represented groups in architecture, including black, Asian and minority ethnic people, people with disabilities and people who identify as being LGBTQ2IA+. Cartwright Pickard is an equal opportunities employer.
If you’d like to apply for this role, please send your CV and cover letter via the apply for job button below quoting reference (CPSM_IMM2023).
Please note that due to the high number of applications we receive, we only respond to successful applicants.