Caruso St John Architects is seeking a communications/new business assistant to join its team in London.
Caruso St John Architects is an architectural practice with offices in London and Zurich. The practice works across a range of sectors in the UK and Europe and is well known for its cultural projects and collaborations with artists. Recent projects include the commission for the British Pavilion at the 2018 Venice Architecture Biennale, the Stirling Prize-winning Newport Street Gallery for Damien Hirst, the Millbank project for Tate Britain and a suite of commercial galleries for Gagosian in London, Paris, Rome and Hong Kong.
We are looking for a part-time assistant to support the communications and new business manager in our London office for three or four days per week (to be agreed at interview). This is an entry-level position and would be an ideal first job for an enthusiastic and culturally engaged graduate, keen to gain insight into the operation of a busy architectural practice with an international profile.
Salary: £25,000 per annum pro-rata
- assist with the redevelopment and launch of the practice’s website
- be responsible for managing and uploading content to the website
- work with colleagues in London and Zurich to manage the practice’s social media accounts
- monitor press email inbox and respond to routine to enquiries
- maintain the practice’s press archive and bibliography
- assist with delivery of exhibitions of the practice’s work
- compile and submit award entries and maintain an accurate awards calendar
- maintain the practice’s image library
- maintain and develop the practice’s project information database
- maintain and develop the practice’s document templates using InDesign and MS Office
- monitor press, tender alerts service, and new projects inbox for forthcoming opportunities, create summaries for review by senior staff
- assist with the preparation of prequalification, tender, and competition submissions
- produce practice brochures and presentations for clients
- maintain and develop the new business information database
Skills and qualities:
- enthusiasm, confidence, and creativity
- an eye for design and detail
- good time management and organisational ability
- able to work independently with minimal supervision
- willing to help with day-to-day general office tasks as required
- familiarity with Photoshop and InDesign is essential
Interviews will take place online on a rolling basis. Please email your CV and a short covering note using the ‘apply’ link below.
Please do not telephone the office about the recruitment process, as our team is working from home. Due to the small size of our recruitment team, we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates.
No agencies please.
Caruso St John Architects is an equal opportunities employer.