Casson Mann is hiring a design manager for its team in London.
A full-time position based in Casson Mann’s London studio in Old Street, supporting the delivery of external exhibition projects as well as planning and organising internal workflow for museum and exhibition design pitches and proposals. The role is principally about management but encompasses some project work, for example, interpretative support and includes activity on new business. Across the organisation, we encourage you to contribute your skills and knowledge to ensure internal processes run smoothly. The ideal candidate will have a passion for and preferably a background in museums, heritage or exhibitions. A knowledge of collections management is an advantage.
The main focus of this position is to work alongside the directors to manage the internal team delivering a large prestigious project, with complex needs encompassing design and interpretation. More generally, you will assist in the smooth running of internal projects and pitches, organising design and content team activity as required.
- along with the director/lead designer, manage the day-to-day communication with the client, sub-contractors and/or others as appropriate, acting as the main conduit of information whenever required
- along with the director/lead designer, devise and maintain the project programme, ensuring CM understands all requirements to meet key milestone deadlines – workshops, deliverables, mid-stage points etc.
- support the lead designer in presenting design developments to the client, capturing feedback and documenting agreed decisions/actions
- organise and manage client/design management meetings, including preparation of agendas, advance materials and writing and circulating minutes
- organise and manage the supply and exchange of design and content material between the client and the design team, including the supply of templates, or guidance documents
- organise and manage the supply and exchange of information on assets and collections, between the design team and external clients
- advise on procedures for ensuring accurate information is provided by clients in a timely fashion and stored and shared appropriately
- answering written questions or RFIs from other parties on the design along with the lead designer
- along with the director/lead designer, prepare briefing materials or RFIs for client response
- report on progress, issues etc. to the director as part of regular meetings
- support the director/lead designer with the co-ordination and output of the design and content packages
- issuing weekly and monthly reports, as required
- flag risks to the director and be part of the team devising potential mitigation of those risks
- ensure accurate filing and version control, both on internal files and on any shared drives/common data environments with sub-contractors, the client etc.
New business/general office
- assist with pitches and tender responses, as required
- compile information for PQQs, tenders and interviews, as required
- represent CM at site visits, presentations etc. as required
- assist in identifying possible working partners/sub-contractors on new projects
- assist in the organisation and maintenance of office systems, document exchange and archiving
- assist in the professionalisation of existing systems at Casson Mann
We are looking for a confident, motivated, enthusiastic team player, who is able to turn their mind to a range of subjects and is adaptable to supporting the team where necessary.
Casson Mann is proud to be an equal opportunities employer and we recognise and celebrate the benefits of a diverse and inclusive team.
Please apply via the ‘apply for job’ button below.