Catto & Co is seeking a senior interior designer (maternity cover) to join its team in London.
Catto & Co is a London-based “turn-key” design and build firm that specialises in delivering excellent architectural and interior design, efficient project management and high quality construction. Our aim is to remove the complexity from domestic construction projects with a driven team all under one roof. We pride ourselves on our open, fast-paced and friendly team.
We are looking for an experienced creative who will be proactive and organised in order to put together comprehensive briefs and work with deadlines. Excellent verbal and written communications are also essential, as you will be liaising between multiple parties, including clients, sub-contractors etc.
- lead numerous FF&E projects
- deliver a seamless service to our clients ensuring exceptional communication throughout
- be the first point of contact for clients and client team as well as project managers and suppliers
- lead client design meetings
- coordinate contractors, suppliers and services to ensure timely delivery of projects
- source furniture, antiques and art
- be able to respond effectively to complex questions whilst working and switching between various projects
- develop detailed specifications
- budget management
- building strong relationships with clients ensuring that our values are always upheld
- able to set and uphold deadlines
Skills and attributes:
- five or more years’ post-qualification experience with proven previous experience of delivering high-end residential FF&E packages from concept to completion
- an exceptional eye for detail, colour and knowledge of antiques
- proficient in AutoCAD with a good range of other computer skills such as Adobe Suite; experience in EstiMAC/EstiPC preferred
- excellent verbal and written communications are also essential, as you will be liaising between multiple parties, including clients, sub-contractors and architects
- collaborative team player
- methodical, detail-oriented and organised
Our ideal candidate will be able to hit the ground running and be confident working both individually and with others. You’ll be patient, friendly and exceptionally well organised. We’re looking for someone who will, alongside the day-to-day tasks, really engage with, inspire and nurture our junior staff members and play their part in ensuring the office environment is a great place for us all. As a design and build company, with reputation and style to uphold, it is important to be flexible with clients who have differing aesthetics and be able to adapt to deliver their dream home.
The successful applicant will need to have a broad knowledge and understanding of design styles to draw upon for different projects.
- the role is maternity cover
- start date ASAP
- three-month probation period required to make sure that you are a good fit for us, and vice versa
- salary dependant on experience within the industry
- regular working hours are 8.30 am to 5.30 pm; flexible working possible
- pension, holiday and health insurance benefits are all available as you develop within the business
Please submit your application via the apply for job button below, including the following:
- a specific cover letter addressed to the operations manager outlining how you meet the above requirements and what has drawn you to this role
- a CV outlining your experience, specific projects you have worked on and your role on them
- a portfolio of projects you have worked on