Centerbrook Architects and Planners is seeking a project architect to join its firm in Centerbrook, USA.
About the firm
Centerbrook Architects and Planners in Centerbrook, Connecticut is looking for an experienced well-rounded architect. We are a nationally recognized design firm of 65 people. Located in an old factory, in a beautiful small town, we pride ourselves in carefully crafting buildings across the country. We do not specialize in building types but focus on planning and designing special buildings in complex locations. Project types range from the 200,000sf renovation and expansion of the Yale Peabody Museum to single-family homes.
Our staff participates in the full duration of projects, from concept design to completion. We have a full woodshop and maker lab to encourage digital and hands-on fabrication. Our campus of mill buildings is powered using hydro and solar energy, read more about us on our website.
About the position
We are looking for someone who is passionate about architecture and design that has experience through all of the design phases. We are seeking a team-oriented person who enjoys working with others to detail and document projects.
- master’s degree in architecture or a five-year bachelor equivalent plus three years’ relevant experience
- familiar with United States code and zoning requirements
- able to create both construction details and conceptual massing in Revit
- develop clear strategies/diagrams/architectural presentations to represent architectural concepts and design intention for meetings with clients using Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- collaborate and coordinate architectural design with consultant teams on structure, MEP systems, structural systems, and green building strategies
- manage a Revit BIM model in-house and with consultants
If interested please submit your credentials using the ‘apply’ link below.