Chango & Co is looking for an architectural project manager to join its team in New York.
We’re looking for an experienced architectural project manager to join our growing team of designers. Chango & Co is a full-service residential design studio. Our definition of full-service is providing our clients with a highly capable, exceptionally talented, and detail-obsessed team of experts to manage every aspect of a project, allowing our clients to focus on the creative and enjoyable elements of the process without being overwhelmed by it.
We design, build, and deliver move-in-ready homes that have been thoughtfully designed inside and out. We focus only on residential architectural and interior design projects because we love working with families, creating personalized spaces for each member, and completely transforming their houses into warm and inviting homes that are a joy to live in. We don’t work in the commercial or hospitality fields and only take on architectural projects that include a comprehensive interior design scope.
- leads and manages multiple projects at once from conception through completion. This includes the early stages of schematic design, design development and the specification of all finishes, fixtures, and hardware, through construction administration, punchlist, installation, and photoshoot
- serves as the main point of contact on all assigned projects for clients, contractors, engineers, and vendors
- manages construction budgets, estimates scope of work, and establishes project schedules
- coordinates and conducts regular site visits
- works with and report directly to the creative director on a regular basis in regards to the design and development of all projects
- oversees and manages the work of junior designers
- bachelor’s degree in interior design or architecture
- five plus years’ of experience in architecture
- highly proficient in AutoCAD, G Suite (Google Docs/Sheets/Slides), and Microsoft Excel. Rhino and/or SketchUp is a plus
- experience in project management and managing a team of designers
- experience in leveling bids, communicating directly with contractors, subcontractors, and consultants
- proficiency in sourcing new and innovative materials including plumbing, hardware, wall, ceiling, and floor finishes, etc.
- excellent communication skills, grammar, and vocabulary (both written and verbal), as this position communicates directly with firm principals and clients
- exceptional organizational and time management skills, with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously. This candidate will be a self-starter, able to take the lead on tasks and maintain client relationships
- a valid US driver’s license, as this position will require some travel nearby and outside of NYC for jobsite visits, shop visits, and project installations
- availability to start immediately and work full-time, Monday through Friday, 9AM to 6PM
Perks and benefits:
- comprehensive benefits package including health, dental and vision insurance
- waterfront office space with amazing views and amenities including club lounge, fitness center, rooftop cabana, bicycle storage and parking
- dog-friendly office
- bi-weekly office happy hours
- summer Fridays in July and August
If this sounds like a great fit, we’d love to hear from you! Please submit your resume and portfolio via the apply for job button below for consideration. We look forward to meeting you!