Chaplins Furniture is looking for an ecommerce website administrator to join its team in Hatch End, London.
Chaplins Furniture have recently relaunched their online store and are looking for a well presented, confident individual with an eye for interiors and someone with a good understanding of our brand and clientele.
The successful candidate will be a self-starter that is able to multi-task, be highly organised, possess good communication skills, both written and verbal, enjoy working in a small team and be committed and reliable.
This is the ideal role for someone looking to establish themselves in the world of high-end ecommerce.
Summary of role
- generate and update website content – products, content, promotions
- work with agencies to build traffic and sales via the website – PPC agency, email marketing provider, ecommerce provider, etc
- plan, define and implement website changes and functional improvements
- maintain and update the online marketing plan for the website
- monitor key performance indicators on the website and develop plans to improve them
- understanding of the disciplines required to drive traffic to retail websites – ppc, email marketing, link generation, online pr, SEO, offline marketing and pr, affiliate programmes, etc
- understanding of order management/customer fulfilment in an ecommerce context
- experience using packages like Excel and Photoshop
- computer literate and understanding of basic web technologies
- familiar with data management
- previous experience of website or ecommerce CMS
- basic understanding of Google products such as Webmaster Tools and analytics would be desirable
- Experience of Magento would be a plus
Detailed responsibilities would include:
- update product information and content on the website
- create banners, images, promotions etc for display on the website – using products like Photoshop
- update content managed areas – copy and artwork
- manage website configuration and parameters eg. payment options, stock management
- investigate and report any operational/technical issues arising
- scope and document ongoing website functional projects /improvements
- test and deploy functional projects /improvements
- liaise with ecommerce agency regarding the day to day management of the website
- evaluate approaches and strategies to improve website sales conversions and customer engagement
- understand and develop sources of traffic and the factors that influence it: email, SEO, PPC, affiliates, social media, catalogues etc
- liaise with agencies or in-house teams to implement and support campaigns
- investigate, evaluate and assess new ways of generating additional traffic/orders
- produce reports to analyse the performance of all online marketing campaigns and promotions via reports, analytics, surveys etc.
- to meet and exceed all agreed performance objectives – sales, conversions, engagement
- continuous improvement of customer satisfaction
- meet internal service levels for website activity and management
- maintaining an excellent level of service to the business
Start date: October 2017
Please send your CV and covering letter stating current salary/salary expectation to James Press – email@example.com | 020 8421 1779