Chapman Architects has an opportunity for an architect to join its team in London.
Chapman Architects (CA) is seeking an energetic architect with three-plus years’ experience, post Part 3, to join its friendly, award-winning, RIBA chartered practice in London SE1. This is a great opportunity for a qualified architect who has developed strong all round skills and with proven experience of working on projects in the commercial sector.
CA has a portfolio of high-end projects in and around London, most are mixed-use, including headquarters buildings, retail and offices, and education. Our work encompasses both new build and the restoration of some unique buildings.
We are a medium sized dynamic practice, looking for a personable architect to join us.
Qualifications, qualities and experience:
- a high-flyer who is happy taking the lead of an exciting project from its inception to completion on site
- must be ambitious, with the ability to take on and drive projects forward, liaising with both clients and contractors
- proven experience of working on high-quality commercial projects in the UK is a ‘must have’
- competent 3D modelling using Revit or Archicad is essential
- experience preparing tender and construction documentation for large complex projects with Tier 1 contractors; experience in the commercial and education sectors at all RIBA stages would be an advantage
- a talented designer who also enjoys the detail design process and has consistent technical and construction experience
- a strong work ethic with the ability to work on your own initiative, with both clients and contractors
- friendly and personable, with the ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
This is a full-time role and you will be expected to work in our offices from Monday to Thursday with the option to work from home on a Friday.
Applicants should submit a CV alongside examples of their work, together with a short cover letter, explaining your suitability for the role by clicking the apply for job button below. The right candidate will receive a competitive salary and 20 days plus holiday as a starting package.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
We will be holding interviews in our offices in London SE1.
Strictly no agencies.
Chapman Architects is an equal opportunities employer.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom