Charles & Co is seeking a mid to senior-level interior architect to join its team in New York, USA.
Charles & Co (AD100) is a high-end interior design firm working on bespoke residential and hospitality interiors for extremely private HNW clients around the globe.
We are currently seeking a full-time creative interior architect with five plus years’ professional experience designing luxury hospitality and residential projects. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated the ability to manage several projects simultaneously through all phases. The position involves contributing and managing the complex coordination, development and production of projects from concept design through construction administration
This position would suit someone who loves the flexibility of a work from home/NYC office hybrid.
Overview of responsibilities:
- demonstrate proficiency in all phases of project work including preparation of conceptual, schematic, design development, and construction documents and supporting specifications
- experienced in interior architecture including millwork drawings and architectural detailing
- candidate must understand the process of translating design concepts into building assemblies, must be able to space plan, provide furniture layouts, develop imagery, and prepare specifications
- logging and filing incoming RFIs, submittals, and other external correspondence and to track progress to completion/resolution
- strong in vendor management; and coordination with extensive consultant team inclusive of MEP and structural engineers, lighting designers, landscape designers, etc.
- demonstrate high proficiency in AutoCAD, digital modeling and rendering programs (SketchUp etc.) and Photoshop
- must have some experience with Revit
- works well in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks, priorities and deadlines
- comfortable presenting ideas – both internally and externally
Required and desired skills:
- five plus years’ of experience with an advanced residential and hospitality portfolio
- bachelor’s degree or higher in interior design and/or interior architecture
- fantastic in fast-paced environment with multiple projects and diverse project typologies
- proficient in AutoCAD, Revit, Photoshop, InDesign, Adobe and Microsoft software
- ability to produce technical documentation (DD, CD/IDD)
- must be authorized to work in the US
- must be able to commute into NYC, office/work from home hybrid
- 3D modeling and rendering experience (Rhino, Revit) is a plus
- salary: $60,000 to $70,000 – commensurate with experience
- healthcare: full-time employees are eligible for full benefits; medical, dental and vision
- 401K: Retirement fund with company matching
- commuter benefits package: save money on your commute with tax free funds
- paid time off: full-time employees get 15 days off plus c. 16 days of holidays