Chetwoods is looking for a head of creative technology in architecture to join its London team.
A leadership position with an AJ100 architecture practice in London.
Chetwoods was established by Laurie Chetwood in 1988 with the head office in London and an office in Birmingham and a plethora of international projects covering residential, commercial, retail, mixed-use and logistics.
Chetwoods is a finely balanced organisation, its three divisions constantly inspiring, supporting and complementing each other. While the grand concepts and imaginative leaps emanate from our studio, works finds the best ways of transforming these into actuality, while thrive contributes its pioneering thinking on environmental wellbeing and health benefits.
Works is Chetwoods’ engine room, where ideas are turned into functional reality.
We use a range of up-to-the-minute methodologies to make sure that our design concepts work seamlessly: from BIM (building information modelling) for rapid testing and collecting data; to virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR), and 3D visualisation, to understand and experience the scale and flow of buildings at the design stage.
Our bespoke Charrette process is a means of including stakeholders in our projects by encouraging dialogue, opinion and feedback.
We are looking for a leader to head up and expand our works team. Our studio team initiates creative design concepts, our thrive team develops our environmental and wellbeing initiatives, and the works team applies innovative processes and technology to our design and delivery.
We are currently expanding works to innovate and lead in the fast changing digital world within construction, including augmented and virtual reality, artificial intelligence, real time simulation, digital construction platforms, and designing smart buildings and cities.
You will lead the team in developing our creative and digital technology with the scope and opportunity to grow our services and skills to meet an evolving market.
You will support technical architectural needs across the practice and collaborate in cross-disciplinary design projects.
You will review the work of other designers, oversee detailed architectural packages and review reports and analysis for issue.
Your qualifications and experience:
- a degree in architecture, architectural design and technology and/or advanced qualifications for computerisation within construction
- extensive experience in a design office, or within the architectural, engineering or construction industry
- experience of leading a team and developing and implementing business strategies
- experience of developing innovative building systems and advanced programming and construction methods, including DfMA and concept development through to manufacturing and delivery across different sectors
- intermediate/advanced experience using Autodesk Revit on design/construction projects
- a good understanding of BIM
- experience in the principles of DfMA and offsite construction at RIBA Stage 4
- knowledge of design codes
- other assets will include a good knowledge of construction, fabrication, or manufacturing; experience with technical specifications; parametric modelling and coding; regulation
You will also have:
- excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- good organisational skills, initiative and a proactive approach
- good interpersonal skills to work as part of an effective team
- a willingness to take responsibility
- the enthusiasm to work and learn beyond your discipline
- a flexible attitude
- the maturity to manage sensitive and confidential information
- competitive salary
- annual profit related bonus
- pension scheme matched up to 5% of your salary
- 24 days holiday per annum
- private healthcare insurance
- workplace wellbeing initiatives
- cycle to work scheme
Please submit your CV, cover letter and portfolio using the ‘apply’ link below.