There is an opportunity for an art director to join the team of citizenM in Voorschoten, Netherlands.
citizenM’s design department is on the lookout for an exceptionally imaginative art director to step into the role of head of concept and hotel experience.
As the art director, your canvas is the entire guest stay at our hotels, and your palette consists of concepts that captivate, designs that surprise, and spaces that are nothing short of iconic. Your toolkit includes a mix of design disciplines, from the smallest guest touchpoints, to the iconic bed, to the art of spatial storytelling, interior, even architectural and outdoor experiences.
Design is at the heart of what we do, but we’re on the hunt for more than a design virtuoso who crafts remarkable designs. We are looking for someone who sees beyond the canvas and has the power to shape our brand’s vision through meaningful and sustainable design solutions. Your creative energy is infectious, inspires those around you and cultivates a genuine culture of creativity within citizenM.
Solid connections with our creative community here at citizenM, such as our brand and UX designers, our long term external creative partners, alongside with the colleagues responsible for steering the commercial course at citizenM, are the true linchpin in bringing our fresh designs to life.
Collaboration is our superpower, and together, we’ll weave the threads of creativity and business strategy to craft extraordinary experiences for our guests. Join us in our mission to ignite excitement, elevate engagement and deliver an unforgettable journey for our guests throughout their stay in our hotels.
Your journey at citizenM will also be fostered by our creative director, the mastermind behind citizenM’s iconic hotel designs. With an abundance of curiosity and a relentless drive to learn, your long-term mission at citizenM will be to lead creativity, both for our company and our guests.
- inspire our guests and our business
- explore opportunities to improve the guest and ambassador experience
- evolve the citizen concept and guest experience
- Bachelor or Master degree in relevant field such as interior design, brand design and architecture
- demonstrated success in creating brand-led design solutions
- ability to translate brand concepts into physical spaces
- excellence in creatively expanding brand visions to all dimensions of a customer journey
- robust design portfolio showcasing a diverse range of design capabilities
- deeply immersed in the realms of design, art, fashion and hospitality
- ability to illustrate concepts and designs in 2D and 3D
- proficiency in design software
- excellent communication skills
- solution driven personality while maintaining high design standards
What’s in it for you:
- citizenM experience nights for you (and friends and family)
- personal and professional development opportunities
- latest tech devices and all the tools you need to be successful in your role
- commuting travel costs covered (by car or public transport)
- pension and cycle to work scheme available
- subsidised fresh daily lunches at our support office
- flexible public holidays
- employee assistance programme
- varied team days and social events (from food trucks and quizzes at the office to parties on boats)
- spacious office in a historic building surrounded by gardens
This position will be based in citizenM support office in Voorschoten. This is a full-time position. This role involves travel in Europe, US and Asia.
citizenM is an affordable luxury hotel chain for mobile citizens of the world. With a style that will knock your socks off, we offer citizens a real home from home, plus the world’s fluffiest pillows. Our typical guest is a frequent traveler who is quality and design-driven, and value-conscious. We currently have hotels in the Netherlands, France, UK, Switzerland, Denmark, USA and Asia, with more to come soon. We are proud to put hospitality back into the hospitality industry and have received numerous awards for our groundbreaking approach. We like to do things differently. This means our hotels are not traditional and neither are our support offices. We’re open-minded, with kind hearts and global minds.
We actively seek applications from qualified individuals and groups who are under-represented in the workplace, whether in relation to religion, ethnicity, age, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability. We’re also happy to make accommodations in the interview process and beyond to best suit the needs and strengths of disabled people and neurodivergent individuals. If you require accommodations, please add a note in your application and we will work together to find the best solution possible.
If interested, please apply via the apply for job button below.