Cityscape Digital is hiring an artworker to join its team in London, UK.
This is a full-time role with an option to work remotely Monday to Tuesday and in the London Bridge office Wednesday to Friday. The role reports to the head of planning production. Candidates are required to start as soon as possible.
Cityscape Digital is a leading architectural visualisation studio located on Bermondsey Street in London Bridge. We produce some of the highest quality visuals, interactive, VR and film in the industry, working with the world’s top architects and property developers. We are famed for our inclusive environment and respect for artistry from any creative background, and are always looking for a good fit for our culture.
Cityscape’s planning team is 20-person strong and consists of artists, technicians, photographers and more. We work on a majority of the largest planning applications in London, supporting architects, consultants and developers through all stages of the process, with a variety of products and services.
We take pride in our team and are invested in continuous development and opportunities to push the boundaries of our work and nurture talent.
- centrally located office in London Bridge, moments away from mainline and tube stations
- company-funded after-work social events (rooftop film club, pizza workshop, London Zoo lates, etc.)
- private health insurance after successful probation
- free yoga sessions with More Yoga
- cycle to work scheme, with secure cycle storage and showers
- travel card loans after successful probation
- hybrid work environment
- pension scheme
- access to Headspace wellbeing app
- happy hour on Fridays
- 20 days annual leave plus public holidays, increasing to 23 after five years service
We are looking for an artworker to join our planning team. This role is as a sole artworker, however, they would be part of a much larger department. The successful applicant will be capable of managing their own workload and have excellent attention to detail, be organised and efficient, with experience working under tight deadlines. The ideal candidate should have a history of preparing large reports with significant volumes of text and images, and preferably experience creating custom maps. This role would be suitable for general artworkers, report artworkers and type setters.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- layout of text, images and data in technical documents and reports
- preparation and output of documents for digital and print delivery
- creation of maps and tables for inclusion within reports
- following existing document templates and processes, along with improving and automating workflows
- document generation using data merge
- communicate with internal team about document requirements, project deadlines and specifications
- use of existing brand guidelines to maintain company corporate style
Required skills and experience:
- two-plus years experience as an artworker, handling large documents with significant amounts of text, diagrams and images
- advanced technical knowledge of Adobe InDesign, with proficiency in Adobe Illustrator, Acrobat and Photoshop
- proven experience managing workload, juggling multiple projects and working to tight deadlines
- excellent attention to detail and ability to check own work for accuracy
- good communication skills – written and verbal, including with external teams
Desirable skills and experience:
- experience within the property/real estate sector considered advantageous
- knowledge of Google Workspace (email, docs, slides, etc)
- experience with, or willingness to learn, GIS mapping software
We value the richness that unique perspectives bring to our team and encourage individuals from diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply, however applicants must have the right to work in the UK.
Your portfolio and CV should be included as a single PDF. We’re also open to receiving additional links showcasing your best work, however applications without a PDF portfolio will not be reviewed.