Civic Engineers is looking for a talented studio manager to assist with the smooth running of their riverside studio in London.
We are a highly regarded, professional engineering practice with strong company values and a thriving, friendly work culture.
Previous experience in a design led practice will be a distinct advantage and the successful candidate should be able to demonstrate previous experience with implementing new processes and systems within their current practice. The role would suit an experienced studio manager or a candidate ready to make the next step in their career.
Scope of the role
This is a mid-senior role, with responsibility for managing the day-day running of the London studio (located near London Bridge station) and the support team.
As studio manager you will be expected to maintain an organised, efficient and comfortable studio environment for employees, clients, collaborators and visitors. You will also liaise closely with the business support teams in our other studios.
The studio management aspects of the role will include taking the lead on facilities management, health and safety, and assisting the regional practice manager with rolling out companywide processes and systems.
Day-to-day tasks and expectations:
- liaise and assist the regional practice manager with implementing and maintaining processes and systems to promote an efficient working practice
- coordinating events (plus occasional attendance and hosting) at the London studio
- assist with maintaining our integrated management system (IMS) and folder structures
- management software administration (Rapport3) – including new starters, leavers, holidays – general changes
- maintain an overview of all studio resources, events, and marketing materials
- identify and maintain H&S risk management procedures
- contribute to practice wide support team meetings, local studio meetings, studio/practice presentations and generally keeping the London team informed of important events/communications
- prepare studio presentation materials using PowerPoint/InDesign
- supervision of support staff, contractors, new starter onboarding and work experience students
- project manage any expansion, refurbishment, maintenance or studio relocations
- maintain storage of important documents (eg contracts, leases) and other document archiving, ready for quick retrieval
- identify and drive improvement and cost savings in studio systems, suppliers, facilities management
- attend fortnightly leadership meetings providing updates to the regional practice manager and directors on studio matters
- oversee local ISO: 9001, 45001, 14001 processes and ensuring compliance and appropriate quality, health & safety and environmental standards are maintained and schedule relevant internal and external audits
- regular reporting on studio costs and liaising with the regional practice manager on the annual studio budget
- ad hoc administration duties
- meet and greet visitors, extending the warmest welcome
- to manage key office suppliers, such as stationery and kitchen goods
- ensure all meeting rooms are properly set up and have the correct technology in place when required, liaising with the meeting holder and other key parties
- oversee any central studio facilities, such as kitchen equipment, utilities, plants and cleaners
- manage food and drink requirements (for meetings and regular studio requirements
- to answer the telephone, field calls, take messages and pick up any overflow calls
- to coordinate the room booking process
- to coordinate diaries for board meetings
- to coordinate studio and group diary management (studio briefings, leadership days, etc.)
- coordinate holidays and leave to maintain full time, on-site presence in your studio
Behaviour and professional commitment:
- proactive and can-do attitude
- excellent organisational and communication skills
- desire to continually improve through experience and training
- high competence in Microsoft Office (particularly PowerPoint and Excel)
- management experience
- facilities experience – non-serviced office
- project management experience
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator etc.) skills desirable