CL Real Estate Development is looking for an FF&E procurement/interior design director to join its team in Peru, Illinois.
We develop innovative, design-focused commercial real estate in the Mid-West, with current projects in northern Illinois, Chicagoland, and southern Michigan, both renovations and new-build. We have a focus on upscale boutique hotels, restaurants/brewpubs, and mixed-use commercial real estate. We are a dynamic, fast-growing company seeking highly energetic individuals with an entrepreneurial mind who want to be part of shaping the company’s vision and future.
Our office is in Peru, Illinois, just 90 minutes from the Chicago Loop. This is an ideal situation for someone who wants the professional satisfaction of working on top-tier design projects while enjoying the beauty, convenience, and affordability of Illinois’ heartland.
Note that the position offers the flexibility to work from home occasionally. Chicago-based candidates may find this an ideal situation!
Your focus will be on sourcing, production and documentation of the FF&E and interior finish aspects of design projects, working with and under the direction of the director of design and construction. documents will include furniture plans, furnishing drawings, specifications, control samples, details, etc. The position will have
- sourcing, sampling, and budgeting FF&E designs
- documenting FF&E design on a variety of project types
- producing presentation materials and coordinating FF&E designs with vendors and other resources
- selection, coordination, and documentation of interior architectural finishes
- coordinate FF&E delivery with installation staff
- travel to project sites for initial coordination meetings and delivery of FF&E
- coordinate work in the field including interfacing with designers and consultants
- communicate with the director of design and construction, providing regular status updates and handling any questions or changes
- college-level degree required (interior design or related field)
- minimum two years experience (procurement director) or four years experience (intermediate procurement director)
- experience required in interior design presentation, sourcing and documenting FF&E design, and selection and documentation of interior architectural finishes
- experience with AutoCAD, InDesign, SketchUp, Illustrator, Photoshop and hand sketching desired, but not required
- experience with Revit and 3D Rendering are a plus, but not required
- must be team-oriented, articulate, flexible, productive, able to deal successfully with team members, Principals, and outside vendors
- must be willing to learn, meet deadlines, and take an initiative
Willing to learn new architectural products and sources