Claridge Architects is seeking a Part 1 architectural assistant to join its team in London.
Claridge Architects is an award-winning, emerging design-led practice based in Queens Park, London.
We are currently looking for Part 1 assistant to join the team full-time. Candidates should possess excellent design and organisational skills together with a passion for architecture.
The successful candidate will assist with an expanding portfolio of project sat pre-planning stages, ranging from one-off houses and large residential developments to complex mixed-use projects.
- personal motivation and discipline to work independently as well as within a team environment; to be supportive of others
- clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills essential in working with internal teams and external clients and consultants
- an ability to carefully analyse problems, in order to generate appropriate solutions
- the ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload
Computer skills required:
- Vectorworks Experience
- strong 3D modelling skills (SketchUp)
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
Additional advantageous skills:
- Revit BIM
- physical model making expertise
- 3D printing experience
- experience working on UK planning applications
- the successful candidate will be confident, friendly and efficient.
- enthusiastic about working as part of a dynamic and energetic team, happy to assist wherever required.
- salary dependent on experience
- RIBA pension scheme 3% contribution from the company
- 22 days annual leave rising to 25 days with service in addition to UK public and bank holidays
- discretionary three days paid holiday in addition to the basic entitlement to cover Christmas closure
- green bike scheme
- summer Fridays – The practice closes at 1 pm in August
- RIBA and ARB membership fees paid for all qualified staff
- comprehensive programme of in-house CPD seminars 1 day’s personal CPD provision per year
- additional study leave for professional exams
- gym membership for all staff with Fitness First
- social and sports e.g. running, marathons, social evenings, drinks out etc. summer trips e.g. Antwerp and days out
- kitchen, showers and secure covered cycle storage facilities
To apply for this role please submit the following items using the ‘apply’ link below (FAO Nermin MIkari):
- your CV
- a brief PDF Portfolio with examples of your work (max. 8Mb)
- a short covering letter about yourself
Interviews will take place ASAP. No agencies please.
Due to high volumes of applications please note we are only able to respond to successful candidates.