Claridge Architects is seeking a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its team in London.
Part 2 architectural assistant
Claridge Architects is an award-winning, emerging design-led practice based in Queens Park, London. We are currently looking for Part 2 assistants to join the team full-time. Candidates should have ideally one-two years’ work experience, working in a UK design practice.
Candidates should possess excellent design, technical and organisational skills and relevant experience of being part of a busy team.
Role and responsibilities
The successful candidate will assist with an expanding project portfolio, including high-end residential, mixed-use commercial and housing developments, student accommodation and co-living throughout the UK, with exposure to front end planning and technical, at an exciting time for the practice.
- experience of NBS specification writing welcome
- good knowledge of the UK building regulations
- a strong portfolio including medium to large residential projects
- ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure where required
- capable of engaging in all areas of the practice
- excellent English, both written and verbal and eligible to work in the UK
- excellent Vectorworks experience
- strong 3D modelling experience (SketchUp/3ds Max)
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
The successful candidates will be confident, friendly and efficient. They are able to work both independently as well as part of a dynamic and energetic team, happy to assist wherever required.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Claridge Architects encourages a positive work-life balance and to create a collective supportive ethos in the practice.
- salary dependent on experience
- RIBA pension scheme – 3% contribution from the company
- 22 days annual leave rising to 25 days with service in addition to UK public and bank holidays
- discretionary three days paid holiday in addition to basic entitlement to cover Christmas closure
- green bike scheme
- summer Fridays – the practice closes at 1 pm in August
- RIBA and ARB membership fees paid for all qualified staff
- comprehensive programme of in-house CPD seminars one day personal CPD provision per year
- additional study leave for professional exams
- gym membership for all staff with Fitness First
- social and sports e.g. running, marathons, social evenings, drinks out etc- summer trips e.g. Antwerp and days out
- kitchen, showers and secure covered cycle storage facilities
To apply for this role please send the following items using the ‘apply’ link below (FAO Nermin Mikari):
- your CV
- a brief PDF portfolio with examples of your work (max. 12 pages/6MB please)
- a short covering letter about yourself
Interviews will take place immediately. No agencies please.
Due to high volume of applications please note we are only able to respond to successful candidates.