Claridge Architects is seeking a project architect to join its practice in London.
Claridge Architects Ltd is an award winning, design-led practice based in Queens Park, London, in business for over 15 years and with projects in various cities in the UK. We are known for our contemporary, contextual and sensitive designs predominantly in the residential and commercial sectors.
We are currently looking for a talented and enthusiastic project architect with minimum four years post Part 3 experience. The role offers excellent opportunities for career progression. Applicants should combine demonstrable design and communication skills with proven technical knowledge and experience of taking projects through to completion and of leading teams.
The successful candidates will be confident, friendly and efficient. Enthusiastic about working as part of a dynamic and energetic team and happy to assist wherever required. Our office is a young and social one, so having a great personality is key.
Candidates should ideally have four to five years’ post-Part 3 work experience, leading projects through RIBA stage 0 – 6. Candidates should be able to show the ability to lead team members and demonstrate:
- producing drawings for planning applications and detailed tender packages
- liaising directly with clients and external consultants
- attending on-site meetings and dealing with queries as required
- run multi-million-pound jobs through technical delivery stages
- demonstrate strong technical knowledge and produce strong construction detailing
- a comprehensive understanding of the UK Building Regulations and the UK Planning framework
- Vectorworks experience
- personal motivation and discipline to work independently as well as within a team environment; to be supportive of others
- excellent design skills to deliver high-quality design, across a variety of scales and in complex urban settings
- a good technical mind and an eye for detail
- an ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload, for a small team
- effective reporting against timescales & deliverables to the Director & Senior management
- ideally – experience in a small to medium-sized practice
- be presentable and confident with both client and contractor facing responsibilities
- excellent English, both written and verbal + eligible to work in the UK
- Revit and/or AutoCAD experience on live projects within the UK
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- 3D modelling experience (SketchUp)
- NBS specification writing
- salary dependent on experience
- RIBA Pension scheme- 3% contribution from the company
- 22 days annual leave rising to 25 days with service in addition to UK public and bank holidays
- discretionary three days paid holiday in addition to basic entitlement to cover Christmas closure
- Summer Fridays- The studio closes at 1pm in August
- RIBA and ARB membership fees paid for all qualified staff
- comprehensive programme of in-house CPD seminars one day’s personal CPD provision per year
- additional study leave for professional exams
- gym membership for all staff with Fitness First
- social and sports e.g. running, marathons, social evenings, drinks out etc- summer trips e.g. Antwerp and days out
- kitchen, showers and secure covered cycle storage facilities.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
CAL encourages a positive work-life balance and to create a collective supportive ethos in the studio.
To apply for this role please send the following items by clicking the ‘apply’ button below (FAO Nermin Mikari):
- your CV
- a brief PDF Portfolio with examples of your work (A3 format – Construction details essential)
- a short covering letter about yourself
Interviews will take place asap. No agencies please.
Due to high volumes of applications please note we are only able to respond to successful candidates.