Claridge Architects is seeking a project architect to join its team in London.
Claridge Architects is an award winning, design-led practice based in Queens Park, London, in business for over 15 years and with projects in various cities in the UK. We are known for our contemporary, contextual and sensitive designs predominantly in the residential and commercial sectors.
We are currently looking for a talented and enthusiastic project architect with ideally three to five years post-Part 3 experience, with a wealth of technical experience in delivering construction projects. The role offers excellent opportunities for career progression. Applicants should combine demonstrable design and communication skills with proven technical knowledge and experience of taking projects through to completion and of leading teams.
The successful candidates will be confident, friendly and efficient. Enthusiastic about working as part of a dynamic and energetic team and happy to assist wherever required. Our office is a young and social one, so having a great personality is key.
Candidates should ideally have three to five years post-Part 3 work experience, or ideally have worked directly for a contractor, leading projects through RIBA stage 0 -6. Candidates should be able to show the ability to independently lead multi million pounds projects through technical, design and construction stages.
They should also be able to lead a small in-house team and demonstrate:
- producing drawings for planning applications, detailed tender packages and construction packages
- confidence in liaising directly with clients and leading the coordination process with external consultants.
- attending on-site meetings and dealing with queries as required
- demonstrate strong technical knowledge and produce strong construction detailing
- a comprehensive understanding of the UK building regulations and the UK planning framework
- Vectorworks experience
- a good technical mind and an eye for detail
- personal motivation and discipline to work independently as well as within a team environment; to be supportive of others
- excellent design skills to deliver high-quality design, across a variety of scales and in complex urban settings
- an ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload, for a small team
- effective reporting against timescales and deliverables to the director and senior management
- be presentable and confident with both client and contractor facing responsibilities
- excellent English, both written and verbal and eligible to work in the UK
- NBS specification writing
- Revit and/or AutoCAD experience on live projects within the UK
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- 3D modelling experience (SketchUp)
- salary dependent on experience
- RIBA pension scheme- 3% contribution from the company
- 22 days annual leave rising to 25 days with service in addition to UK public and bank holidays
- discretionary three days paid holiday in addition to basic entitlement to cover Christmas closure
- summer Fridays- The studio closes at 1pm on Fridays in August
- RIBA and ARB membership fees paid for all qualified staff
- comprehensive programme of in-house CPD seminars one day’s personal CPD provision per year
- additional study leave for professional exams
- gym subsidy for all staff with Fitness First
- social and sports e.g. running, marathons, social evenings etc
- kitchen, showers and secure covered cycle storage facilities
We are an equal opportunities employer.
CAL encourages a positive work-life balance and to create a collective supportive ethos in the studio.
To apply for this role please send the following items by clicking the ‘apply’ button below (FAO Nermin Mikari):
- your CV
- a brief PDF Portfolio with examples of your work (A3 format – construction details essential)
- a short covering letter about yourself
Interviews will take place asap. No agencies please.
Due to high volumes of applications please note we are only able to respond to successful candidates.