Claridge Architects Ltd is looking for a senior architectural technician/technical architect to join its practice in London.
Claridge Architects Ltd is an award-winning, emerging design-led practice based in Queens Park, London.
Role and responsibilities
We are currently looking for an experienced architectural technologist / technical architect to join our team. Candidates should ideally have six to ten years’ work experience, leading projects from RIBA stage 3 – 7.
Candidates should be able to show the ability to lead team members and demonstrate:
- a comprehensive understanding of the UK Building Regulations
- experience in running multi million-pound jobs through technical delivery stages demonstrate strong technical knowledge and produce strong construction detailing
- personal motivation and discipline to work independently as well as within a team environment; to be supportive of others
- clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills essential in working with internal teams and external clients and consultants
- ability to carefully analyse problems, in order to generate appropriate solutions
- an ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload
- thorough checking of team drawings and be able to modify/suggest changes
- effective reporting to project leaders
- ideally – experience in a small to medium-sized practice
- qualified as an architectural technologist/technical architect, with a minimum of five year’s professional working experience
- Vectorworks experience
- NBS specification writing
- a fantastic technical mind and a good eye for detail
- be presentable and confident with both client and contractor facing responsibilities
- excellent English, both written and verbal and eligible to work in the UK
- Revit and/or AutoCAD experience on live projects within the UK
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- 3d modelling experience (SketchUp)
The successful candidates will be confident, friendly and efficient. Enthusiastic about working as part of a dynamic and energetic team, happy to assist wherever required.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
CAL encourages a positive work-life balance and to create a collective supportive ethos in the practice.
- salary dependent on experience
- RIBA Pension scheme- 3% contribution from the company
- 22 days annual leave rising to 25 days with service in addition to UK public and bank holidays
- Discretionary three days paid holiday in addition to basic entitlement to cover Christmas closure
- Summer Fridays- The practice closes at 1pm in August
- RIBA and ARB membership fees paid for all qualified staff
- comprehensive programme of in-house CPD seminars 1 day’s personal CPD provision per year
- additional study leave for professional exams
- gym membership for all staff with Fitness First
- social and sports e.g. running, marathons, social evenings, drinks out etc- summer trips e.g. Antwerp and days out
- kitchen, showers and secure covered cycle storage facilities.
To apply for this role please send the following items by clicking the ‘apply’ button below (FAO Nermin Mikari):
- your CV
- a brief PDF Portfolio with examples of your work (A3 format – construction details essential)
- a short covering letter about yourself
Interviews will take place asap. No agencies please.
Due to high volumes of applications please note we are only able to respond to successful candidates.