Claridge Architects is looking for a senior architectural technician/technologist to join its practice in London.
Claridge Architects is an award-winning, emerging design-led practice based in Queens Park, London.
Role and responsibilities
We are currently looking for an experienced architectural technologist to join our team. Candidates should ideally have six-ten years’ work experience, leading projects from RIBA Stage 3-7.
Candidates should be able to show the ability to lead team members and demonstrate:
- a comprehensive understanding of the UK building regulations
- experiencing running multi-million-pound jobs through technical delivery stages
- demonstrate strong technical knowledge and produce strong construction detailing
- personal motivation and discipline to work independently as well as within a team environment; to be supportive of others
- clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills essential in working with internal teams and external clients and consultants
- ability to carefully analyse problems, in order to generate appropriate solutions
- an ability to plan, prioritise and organise workload
- thorough checking of team drawings and be able to modify/suggest changes
- effective reporting to project leaders
- qualified as an architectural technologist/technician, with a minimum of five years’ professional working experience
- able to demonstrate work that is all yours in a well-presented portfolio
- a fantastic technical mind and a good eye for detail
- ideally you will have worked in a small to medium-sized practice
- care and attention to detail involved in delivering the scheme of work packages
- a proficient user of Revit and/or AutoCAD, worked on live projects within the UK
- Vectorworks experience
- NBS specification writing
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- 3D modelling experience (SketchUp/3ds Max)
- 3D printing experience
- be presentable and confident with both client and contractor facing responsibilities
- excellent English, both written and verbal and eligible to work in the UK
The successful candidates will be confident, friendly and efficient. Enthusiastic about working as part of a dynamic and energetic team, happy to assist wherever required.
We are an equal opportunities employer.
Claridge Architects encourages a positive work-life balance and to create a collective supportive ethos in the practice.
- salary dependent on experience
- RIBA pension scheme – 3% contribution from the company
- permanent health insurance
- 22 days annual leave rising to 25 days with service in addition to UK public and bank holidays
- discretionary three days paid holiday in addition to basic entitlement to cover Christmas closure
- green bike scheme
- summer Fridays – the practice closes at 1 pm in August
- RIBA and ARB membership fees paid for all qualified staff
- comprehensive programme of in-house CPD seminars one-day personal CPD provision per year
- additional study leave for professional exams
- gym membership for all staff with Fitness First
- social and sports e.g. running, marathons, social evenings, drinks out etc- summer trips e.g. Antwerp and days out
- kitchen, showers and secure covered cycle storage facilities.
To apply for this role please submit the following items using the ‘apply’ link below (FAO Nermin Mikari):
- your CV
- a brief PDF portfolio with examples of your work (A3 format – construction details essential)
- a short covering letter about yourself
Interviews will take place ASAP. No agencies please.
Due to high volumes of applications please note we are only able to respond to successful candidates.