Claybrook Studio is hiring showroom sales consultants to join its team in London and Oxfordshire, UK.
About Claybrook Studio
The Claybrook crew formed like many start-ups – around a kitchen table. One thing quickly became clear in that first discussion in 2017, it was time for a change. It was time to break the decades long cycle of being overcharged for commodity product when we knew how to source more inspirational ranges, and cheaper. Time to focus on the customer experience. Time to offer a no-fuss e-commerce solution to buying tiles, and use our expert eye to pick the best of the best. To have simple systems, free samples, free delivery and a team with genuine enthusiasm. To have our own retail space built around the needs of both domestic and commercial buyers.
The tiles had to be of the highest quality, not just with durability and rigorous standards of craftsmanship, but with a truly eye-catching aesthetic. We also wanted to be in stock of almost everything we sell. We wanted consistent, predictable costs for our clients, not intermittent Sale periods, yet competitive pricing without a reduction in quality. After all, our products are an investment, and we take that seriously. In short, we wanted to redefine the industry with a radical new approach. To sell gorgeous products at fantastic prices, all rooted in our passion for great design, sold by good people.
Claybrook Studio is now hiring showroom-based sales consultants to join its existing teams in both its East London site at Shoreditch, and at a new Oxfordshire store opening soon.
- excellent people skills and customer service standards
- confidence, enthusiasm, self-motivation and the ability to work well under pressure
- previous sales experience either with an interiors brand or high-end retail is preferred
- an interior design qualification is an advantage but not essential
- ability to work well in a small team, yet take personal responsibility for clients and sales
- front of house greeting and advising customers visiting the showroom (shop)
- maintaining showroom samples and displays including restocking samples and unpacking sample deliveries
- processing in store and online sample requests and sales orders
- answering phone calls, replying to online and in store retail and general enquiries
- providing clients with design advice and preparing quotations
- actively sell the tiles, paints, bathrooms and wood flooring and build relationships with private and trade clients to generate repeat business
- customer service and aftercare
- supporting areas of the business when required, e.g. commercial and logistics teams
The position is full-time, working five days Monday to Saturday on a rota basis, part-time options may be considered.
Salary is competitive and dependent upon experience. To apply, please submit your CV and a short cover note.
No agencies or recruiters thank you.