Virtual business manager
Cloudfields is seeking a virtual business manager to join its team remotely.
An exciting opportunity for a virtual business manager has opened within Cloudfields. This role will play a key part in the growth of the company as well as enable you to develop your own consulting skills.
The virtual business manager role is an opportunity to expand your knowledge of how great businesses operate and to help our clients create businesses they love.
Cloudfields is a boutique business strategy company based in Amsterdam, Netherlands. We work with architects, interior designers and creatives of all kinds, who want to build great businesses by making beautiful things. We believe that creativity and business are best buds: when they work together, they change the world.
Cloudfields was founded in 2020 by Lindsay Faller, a director and strategist in creative business with over 20 years of experience across architecture, design, art, journalism, food and culture. A passionate advocate for the value of the artist, her approach combines her own creativity and love of business with that of our clients, enabling them to express their vision on their own terms.
- we show up authentically in our collaborations, without pretence and ego
- we are generous with our knowledge and ideas
- we always stay curious so that we can continue to grow
- we approach our work with openness, integrity, rigour and dedication to our wider purpose
- proactive in your approach
- clear, open and honest in your communication
- come from a liberal arts background (ideal, but not essential)
- enjoy getting into the details but can see the bigger picture
- have the agency and autonomy to work independently but enjoy collaboration and connection with clients and colleagues
- are keen to learn and grow within a warm and encouraging environment
- have three to five years of experience working within the administrative and management side of the architectural/interiors/construction industry (other creative sectors are most welcome)
- comfortable with a fully-remote role
- work and live in GMT/CET time zones
- fluent in English
This role sits within the framework of Cloudfields’ services for clients. The virtual business manager (VBM) reports to the client’s lead consultant.
The VBM role, depending on the needs of the client, has responsibilities across our clients’ office and business, to help them implement the strategies we have defined together with the client. The VBM works alongside our client and focuses on the business and operations holistically to help it develop and improve. The VBM role is managed by the lead consultant and will have responsibilities to work across a number of client companies that vary in size and requirements. In addition, there will be some ad hoc support directly for Cloudfields.
We welcome candidates who have experience in some or all of the responsibilities mentioned below.
Resource and operational management
- supporting and managing the planning of projects in client companies and ensuring accurate resource allocation for each project
- managing project budgets and oversight and analysis of project profitability
- assisting with the preparation of appointment letters and project costing and pricing
- liaison with any external cost consultants on project fees
- preparing and sending invoices, including financial controls
- managing project fee schedules to ensure a clear understanding of cash flow financial forecasting, budgeting and cost control
- ensuring that bookkeeping is kept up to date
- liaising with external accounting consultants
People and culture management
- ensuring accurate data is kept relating to time off
- maintaining and overseeing annual review processes
- supporting during recruitment including posting jobs, screening candidates, arranging interviews and onboarding
- ensuring contracts for all members of the team are up to date and preparing contracts for new employees or team members
- supporting clients with any complex issues relating to company progression, internal or external conflict and/or professional and personal development
- assisting in organising regular social events and outings for the team
- day-to-day management of office
- answering inbound enquiries via email or passing them to the appropriate team member
- organisation of regular CPDs and relevant training
- organising renewals of insurances
- ensuring timesheets and software licenses are up to date
- any health and safety procedures
- ad-hoc support for the team
Brand and marketing management
- coordination with external PR consultants and project team on project press packs
- arranging photographers and stylists (if required) in line with relevant requirements
- researching potential architectural or design competitions
- delivering on wider PR/marketing strategy
- creating content for and managing social media accounts
- managing clients’ websites, including updating with new projects, news, etc.
- coordinating opportunities for lead generation for clients – helping to organise attendance at networking events, consultant coffee/lunch meetings, capitalising on word-of-mouth opportunities
€30-35,000 p.a. depending on experience. This is a contract role, not an employer-employee relationship. However, we expect that you will be spending approximately 36-40 hours per week meeting the requirements of the role.
Please submit your CV and cover letter via the apply for jobs button below by 31st January 2023. Interviews will be conducted in February 2023.