CMG Landscape Architecture has an opportunity for a landscape designer – job captain to join its studio in San Francisco.
Who we are
CMG is a mission oriented studio working to increase social and ecological wellbeing through artful design. We are a passionate and creative collective of equal voices. We value collaboration, and it is reflected in our work environment and design process. Six principals with distinct aesthetics and interests lead our firm of over 30 designers with one common goal – to protect and improve our cities and communities every day. For 20 years, CMG has been making a positive impact on the landscape and our profession with passion, innovation and leadership. We are located in San Francisco — the city that is, in many ways, the overarching project of our two decades of practice.
You are a motivated and passionate designer with four-eight years’ professional experience and interest in the following areas:
- complex design projects with collaborative teams
- designing within the public realm
- working independently on conceptual and technical design studies
- management of project documentation
- assisting project manager with project management responsibilities, including client and consultant coordination
- a basic understanding of landscape systems, preferably California ecology and climate
- participation in all design phases (concept through construction documentation)
- working with regulatory agencies to plan and permit projects
What we expect
- a degree in landscape architecture, or a related field
- expertise with AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office
- solid BIM/Revit documentation experience strongly encouraged
- experience with SketchUp and/or Rhino required
- experience in a collaborative team environment
- applicant needs to have initiative, and be self-directed
- excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
CMG Landscape Architecture is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We embrace and celebrate difference. We are committed to maintaining a high level of design and quality of life within our firm in order to attract and retain a wide array of employees whose diverse perspectives will be reflective of the world at large.
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please upload the following materials in one single PDF here.
Emailed applications and links will not be considered.
- cover letter – no more than 500 words
- portfolio of design work – include clear descriptions of your role on each project
- references – at least two
- submit a single PDF combining all of the materials above, 15MB maximum