Co Adaptive is recruiting for a senior designer to join its practice in New York, USA.
CO Adaptive is a Brooklyn-based architecture firm, established in 2011, specializing in adaptive re-use and passive house projects.
We are seeking an enthusiastic individual with a master’s degree in architecture with five years’ minimum experience in architectural offices (NYC-based preferred).
- this candidate should have highly technical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- strong experience in Revit is required
- a working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite and 3ds Max should be demonstrated
- some exposure to coding or graphical programming languages such as Dynamo or Grasshopper are a plus but not required
- candidates with a seasoned knowledge of NYC codes and construction practices are preferred
- good communication skills and confidence in figuring out unknown territory is a must
The role will be varied, with equal amounts design, research, construction documentation, department filing, and construction administration.
We strive to maintain a flat-organization, where everyone has a wide lens of exposure within the office, while pursuing a particular focus in aspects of practice they naturally excel at.
This position is ideal for someone who wants to see all facets of how a small architectural office functions and is prepared to assist in analyzing and optimizing workflows, to continuously increase creativity in the office.
We believe in working smarter, not harder, and we close our doors at 6PM to foster enjoying life outside of the office. We strive to offer a fun and creative office culture that values and rewards collaboration and innovation.
The salary for this position will be commensurate with experience and skill level. CO Adaptive offers a comprehensive benefits package including excellent healthcare packages, stepped PTO vacation plan, and 401(k) plan.
We highly encourage professional development and employees are provided with an annual stipend to use towards professional education outside the office. Accommodations for an even distribution of IDP category fulfillment will be made for those seeking licensure.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.