Colander Associates is seeking a business development associate to join its team in London.
At Colander Associates we want to develop our training offer to the next level, and we are looking for a self-motivated associate to lead the change.
We exist to help architects and other built environment professionals run their businesses better. We teach the soft skills that are not taught at university but which are essential when it comes to running a successful business. We are looking to take our training offer to the next level: reflecting changing dynamics within the industry and new approaches to imparting knowledge.
This is a varied and eclectic role, requiring someone with experience of working in the built environment; someone who is well networked within the industry, and with the gravitas to communicate as an equal with senior players in large, medium and smaller organisations.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the interdisciplinary nature of the built environment and an understanding of future trends, while being entrepreneurial, self-motivated and efficient, with good written and verbal English, as well as competent computer skills.
We expect to offer the right candidate development opportunities and the potential for promotion as the team grows.
Main tasks include:
- helping to develop the next five-year plan for Colander’s training and consultancy offer; including market research, business development and delivery options
- working with new and existing trainers to develop and deliver appropriate training courses for the future
- identifying and securing new business opportunities for Colander’s training services with both new and existing customers, so as to meet the objectives of the five-year plan
- marketing and PR activities to enhance Colander’s reputation for industry-specific training and to maintain brand perceptions
- managing and organising all Colander training courses
- quality control and client feedback
The role is based in our office in south London. Some flexible working is negotiable; there is a minimum starting requirement of four days (30 hours) per week.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.