Columbia GSAPP is seeking an assistant director – career services to join its team in New York.
Reporting to the associate dean of development and alumni relations the assistant director is dedicated to assisting students in the Graduate School of Architecture, Planning and Preservation’s (GSAPP) Architecture programs with professional development.
Primary responsibilities include:
- foster meaningful connections between industry and the GSAPP that will lead to collaborative education links and graduate recruitment opportunities
- increase the visibility of GSAPP to the industry domestically and internationally by planning and implementing a wide range of outreach strategies, marketing and communications initiatives
- execute graduate placement strategy
- plan, organise and execute employer recruitment events
- provide career coaching and advisement
- administer the Alumni Mentorship Program (currently 50 mentors) in coordination with the alumni board and the 1.5pt elective internship course for the AAD, UD, MARCH and CCCP programmes
- direct the collection, maintenance, and reporting of relevant data on placement
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent required and three to five years’ experience. Must have excellent graphic, presentation, and entrepreneurial skills. Strong background in information technology including social media, strong organisational skills and excellent written and spoken skills. Knowledge of Symplicity database preferred. Must work well with diverse groups: students, faculty, alumni, and other professionals. Must be available evenings and weekends as required.
Applications should be submitted through the Careers at Columbia website. Requisition no: 510493
This position is only available to applicants based in the United States