Concept Interiors is looking for a senior technical interior designer to join its busy team in Weybridge, Surrey.
The senior technical interior designer will work within a small dedicated interiors team in Weybridge Surrey. The ideal candidate will come with a strong background and more than six+ years’ experience in interior design within the luxury private residential and new build property developers market.
Summary of position:
We are looking for a self-motivated senior designer to join the technical design side of the business and work alongside the creative design team. They should have a strong background in interior/architectural and technical design knowledge.
Our projects consist of high-end residential refurbishment, new build development and show house projects with a view to also wanting to move into commercial design. The right candidate will bring experienced technical skills and solid studio processes and focus on space planning, lighting design, working drawings for bathrooms, joinery and furniture as required, whilst managing projects and pitches from start to finish, and working seamlessly with others to provide support and aid to the whole interiors team.
Attitude and working ethic:
We are looking for someone who is driven, highly organised, passionate about design and wants to progress their career, spend time to grow the business and has the available time and energy to do whatever it takes to get the job done, meet deadlines and be proud of their achievements.
Key requirements of this role:
- must have a strong understanding of all elements of interior design, including space planning, FF&E, lighting, small power, kitchen and bathroom design
- being responsible for issuing all technical drawings, schedules and taking ownership for all elements of a project
- a good understanding of architectural drawings, project specifications and building construction
- issuing project specification, schedules and drawings
- experience of liaising with M&E/AV/swimming pool/lighting consultants with and awareness of how the equipment integrates into an interior scheme
- production of conceptual design ideas, undertaking of research and development of schemes
- liaising with clients and/or their representatives, to ensure project requirements are clearly understood and reflected within designs
- liaising with suppliers for internal fixtures, fittings and furnishings, including lighting, sanitary ware and joinery to ensure that all aspects are considered and included
- ensuring that all designs are achievable through practical, functional and legal aspects and have a substantial level of understanding of design development and all phases of the construction process
- producing design scheme that are of a consistently high standard
- developing conceptual designs into buildable solutions
- completion of quotations
- dealing with contractors, subcontractors and specialist to ensure site works are completed on time and on budget
- assist in designing technical elements of show homes and collaboration with the broader design team on larger projects where needed
- Site visits and client meetings installations and managing onsite fitting teams as required for each project
- confident in giving engaging pitch presentations with strong design skills and special awareness
- preparing and presenting design proposals to clients
- building and growing existing client relationships and using your initiative on following up on new business opportunities and networking at industry events
Responsibilities of this role:
- managing project programmes to meet deadlines effectively
- work closely with directors
- able to work on own initiative, multi-task and to juggle a changing workload
- resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines
- ability to mentor and manage other members of the design team
- the promotion of a continuous improvement culture and the use of best practice
Key qualifications needed for this role:
- minimum of six years relevant experience
- fluent in Vectorworks
- IT literate, proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- experience of working in 3D is desirable
- numerate, able to make accurate calculations
- this position requires an Interior design qualification, either a degree or higher national certificate or higher national diploma level of education or equivalent qualification and extensive experience
- full UK driving license and willingness to travel if needed
- own car essential
Key personal skillset and qualities needed:
- well-presented and personable
- excellent communicator
- organised and punctual
- excellent attention to detail
- role model for the interior design team
- adept in working in high-pressure situations
- ability to be motivational and influential
- strong team player
- high standard of leadership
- good interpersonal skills and be able to work independently and as part of an effective team
- able to demonstrate strong confidence and conviction with clients
- a resourceful and innovative thinker
Salary and benefits of this role:
- salary dependant on experience
- possible future share options for the right candidate
- staff discount scheme
- company pension
- four weeks paid holiday plus all public holidays
Please email your CV and a sample of your portfolio and why you would be great for this role.
You must sign in to apply for this position.
at Carmody Groarke
at Minale + Mann