South Yorkshire, UK
at Concorde BGW Group
Concorde BGW Group is looking for a design technician to join its team in South Yorkshire, UK.
A fantastic opportunity is available for an experienced design technician to join an exciting and progressive business. We are a growing design, build and reactive maintenance company specialising in the hospitality and leisure sectors and we need someone to work as part of our award winning design department at our head office in Doncaster. This is a newly created role to support us in our continued growth and development so is a great opportunity for someone to make the role their own and may suit someone with architectural technician experience who wants to expand their focus and skills.
The ideal candidate will be passionate, creative and comfortable working on a variety of projects either alone or as part of a team. We have a wide range of clients including some large and well-known names but we also have small independent customers so we can offer the chance to work on a broad spectrum of projects. We offer lots of options for training and development and as such this is a fabulous opportunity for a person who wants to develop and evolve in their field. We are known for our innovative, professional and seamless service and the ideal candidate will share our commitment to delivering our clients vision. As we work nationally, and occasionally internationally, some travel and overnight stays may be required. Once the role is up and running, we may also be able to offer hybrid working.
Main duties and skills required:
- to produce technical drawing packs including construction details and specifications using AutoCAD software
- excellent communication skills including verbal, written and visual
- exceptional attention to detail
- ability to advise clients and team members on all technical and regulatory aspects of a design project
- producing drawings and information for statutory submission ie. planning applications
- managing projects efficiently, within set timescales and within budget in close co-operation with project team to help deliver projects effectively
- site visits to attend meetings or carry out surveys as required
- developing detailed designs and choosing materials and products with commercial suitability for projects
- attending some project briefing meetings with new and existing clients
- assist with the organisation of workflow with colleagues
- work efficiently to tight deadlines and manage your own time effectively
- update our project portal as required on a project-by-project basis
- assist with the delivery of technical design information throughout the business
- collating and organising technical building and detailed design information from architects, external consultants, engineers, etc.
- contributing to meetings and document preparation
- researching new design processes, building legislation and technology
We need someone who will be proactive, self -motivated and use their initiative whether working alone on a project or as part of a team. They will need to manage your workload effectively and have the ability to prioritise your workload. With proven experience in delivering detailed construction and technical drawings, from which the project can be costed and built.
This role requires a broad understanding of construction detailing, CAD systems and statutory compliances including building control, planning and listed building. You will assist the design team with the delivery of technical drawing packs and information as required on a project-by-project basis.
You will be expected to travel and may on occasion be required to stay away so some flexibility in working hours will be needed.
Package and perks
This role is based at our recently refurbished Doncaster office with excellent staff facilities, free parking, free tea and coffee, etc. Our Concorde Culture programme also offers many great perks including free fruit and snacks, social events, feast Friday lunch (pizza anyone?), all expenses paid company day out at the St Leger races, Westfield Health membership, all-inclusive team days out, birthday treats and much more. This position benefits from 20 days annual leave, with additional days awarded for long service, plus bank holidays and also receives paid leave while the business is closed over the festive period and who doesn’t love a nice long Christmas break?
This a permanent contract working 37.5 hours and our core hours are 8.30am – 5pm, Monday – Friday. The salary for this position is up to £35,000 per annum dependant on experience and we also offer a company pension scheme. We offer many opportunities for training, growth and development including bespoke training courses, away days and lunch and learn sessions. We work closely with our teams to help them develop at their own pace and achieve their goals.
Concorde BGW Ltd is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace – we work with a wide range of businesses and individuals that come from all walks of life and so do we. We employ great people from a variety of backgrounds that share our passion and live our core company values of pride, teamwork, innovation, clarity and integrity. We celebrate diversity and individuality so regardless of your race, age, religion, gender or any characteristic that makes you, you, if you share our values and our enthusiasm for growing our businesses, you will find a home at Concorde BGW Ltd.
If you would like to apply for this position please submit your CV, together with a covering letter and a sample of your portfolio. You can apply via the apply for job button below or via our careers page.
We can’t wait to hear from you!