Conran and Partners is looking for a temporary studio assistant to join its London practice to provide maternity leave cover.
Conran and Partners is a team of masterplanners, architects, and interior designers with a world-class reputation and pedigree spanning over half a century. Founded by British design icon Sir Terence Conran, our RIBA chartered practice combines this valuable heritage with a contemporary vision that transforms bold ideas into truly inspiring buildings and interiors. From designing Tokyo’s largest masterplan to creating the “world’s most beautiful restaurant” German Gymnasium in 2015.
This is a part time, fixed term role that is both varied and stimulating. We are looking for someone with team spirit that is super organised, enthusiastic and dependable who shares our creative ambitions. The vacancy is expected to be a 9-12 month maternity cover from mid-November 2017.
Working with our other studio assistant and reporting to our practice director, you will keep the studio tidy and well run, with everything stocked and working; to help create a happy, productive environment for all to appreciate.
Day to day studio assistant’s tasks will include:
- general office administration including post and organising couriers and taxis]
- keeping all supplies in stock; from stationery and daily kitchen essentials to refreshments for monthly staff meetings and any ad hoc items
- raising purchase orders, purchasing, credit card requests, processing invoices and liaising with accounts
- setting up client and internal meetings, booking meeting rooms, booking tech equipment, arranging refreshments and clearing up afterwards
- diary management
- arranging business travel for partners/directors and other members of the team as well as attendance at trade fairs and awards ceremonies
- support for design teams, such as preparation of presentation materials, printing and binding documents and liaising with external printers
- organising CPD’s, monthly staff meetings, pin-ups and other staff activities and social events
- general HR assistance
The ideal candidate:
- a professional and committed approach to work
- enthusiastic, dependable and detailed
- confident multitasker
- positive common sense attitude; full of suggestions and a willingness to seize and complete tasks
- highly presentable as well as being a confident and effective communicator
- ability to calmly work under pressure and to organise and prioritise workload
- good people skills and able to handle different personalities in the studio
- detailed knowledge and understanding of; Microsoft Office packages (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) ideally advanced Excel but not essential
- Adobe Photoshop and InDesign useful but not essential
- previous experience in a similar role a definite advantage
Conran and Partners is an equal opportunities employer.
Please submit a copy of your CV, with a covering letter including why you are interested in this role.
Closing date for applications 31st October.
No agencies please.