Cooke Fawcett Architects is looking for a Part 2 architectural assistant to join its London studio.
Established in 2015, Cooke Fawcett is an emerging practice based in Farringdon. We are working on a varied range of interesting projects for arts/charity/public sector clients as well as taking on private sector commercial and residential projects.
We are looking for a talented designer with about two-plus years of experience post-Part 2 to join our team. You will work on a range of residential, cultural and commercial projects at various project stages. You will need to work collaboratively and to take responsibility for driving specific projects forward.
As part of our growing team (currently five) you will be expected to contribute to design conversations and play an active role in the future development of the practice.
We are interested to receive applications from strong candidates with about two-plus years’ experience post Part 2. The following skills are also required.
Please check your experience fits the criteria prior to applying:
- strong design and representation skills
- freehand and technical drawing skills
- knowledge of CAD software to include proficiency in 2D AutoCAD for production of drawings for issue, 3D Rhino and ideally Revit
- knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator
- enthusiasm, and an ability to take initiative
- work well both as part of a team and independently
- fluency in both written and spoken English
Instructions for applying:
- please state your notice period or availability to start work in your application email
- please send your CV and a short cover letter explaining your suitability for the role, using the ‘apply’ link below
- include work both from university and work, max. file size 10MB please (no hard copies)
- please write Part 2 in the subject header
- no agencies please
Salary depending on experience. We are an equal opportunities employer.