Cove Burgess Architects is looking for a project architect to join its London team.
Cove Burgess Architects is a young RIBA chartered practice based near London Bridge.
We are looking for a senior architect with experience of running projects in the UK, preferably in the residential and commercial sector. The candidate will need to be comfortable taking responsibility and working independently, managing projects as well as team members and dealing with clients and the construction teams. You will gain experience in a variety of projects at varying stages of design/construction and scales.
You will also be a full part of our design and project management team and have a key role in our office, enabling you to hopefully grow your long-term career with us.
The atmosphere in our practice is informal, international, ambitious and very dynamic. We also place focus on personal development and career planning.
Role and requirements:
- ability to produce drawing packages on time and to a high level of detail and accuracy
- identify potential issues within the documents and the project that may arise in a timely manner
- liaising with the consultant teams, to ensure that all design services are coordinated
- overseeing the design and delivery on site
- dealing with clients and chairing design team meetings as lead consultant
- managing a small team of architects and architectural assistants
- a good understanding of current planning guidelines and UK building regulations
- a minimum of three years project running experience in the UK
- excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
- team player attitude
- excellent time management skills
- good knowledge of 2D CAD software – preferably Vectorworks
The salary will be negotiated based on the candidate’s experience.
This is a full-time position within the company, with a full-time employment contract.
Application deadline: 22 June 2018
Applications consisting of C.V. and Portfolio can be sent digitally (PDF) using the ‘apply’ link below.
Your portfolio should include examples of drawing packages relating to relevant project experience.
Your email must include ‘ARCH-2018’ in the subject title or your application may not be processed.