Crawford Design Studio is looking for a Part 2 architectural assistant with an aptitude for interior design to join its studio in London.
We work primarily in the high end private residential sector. We design everything from new builds to extensions and renovations in both London and the Home Counties. Our expertise covers the details from the external fabric of the buildings to the interior design finishes.
We would like someone with a minimum of two years’ UK professional experience. Our ideal candidate will have an excellent design portfolio, sound construction knowledge, and experience of completing complex architectural projects. We are looking for a person with an independent, progressive attitude who can think on their feet and design simultaneously.
The experience we offer:
- successful candidates will be exposed to amazing design-led projects
- we will invest our company knowledge and resource, helping you to learn and grow quickly
- you will work under close tuition of the directors
- you will be exposed to and input on all aspects of our projects – from design decisions, client management, project management and beyond
- you will get hands-on experience of site and seeing your creations come to life – all projects we work on are live projects
What we are looking for in all prospective candidates
- producing creative conceptual design drawings for both pitch documents and live projects (3D, 2D and hand-drawings)
- producing drawings for planning applications and detailed tender packages for multiple and sometimes complex projects
- liaising directly with external consultants e.g., structural and mechanical engineers to obtain specific technical details to include within drawings
- attending on-site meetings and managing queries as required
- creative – demonstrable examples of creative designs in particular high-end residential projects in 3D modelling, 2D and hand-drawing
- craft – ability to produce high-quality hand drawings as well as 3D modelling and presentation
- technical – demonstrable examples of technical drawings (building scale and detail) which illustrates your understanding of UK building regulations, as well as a good understanding of contract administration
- project management – ability to work on simultaneous projects with a quick turnaround of thorough, detailed, accurate drawings
- relationship management – excellent interpersonal skills
- proactive communication of updates/issues/problem resolution to directors, project architects and external consultants
- self-motivated to learn and develop
- essential – Part 1 or Part 2 architectural degree or equivalent
- previous work experience in architectural practices within the UK
- Vectorworks, Photoshop, and InDesign
- proficiency in Microsoft Excel
Good understanding of:
- RIBA work stages and construction procurement methods
- UK building regulations and planning
Start date: available to start work from April/May 2021, for exceptional candidates we can flex this.
Location: our studio is based in Islington, North London
No agencies/recruiters please.
Note: Please ensure you have the right to work in the UK
To apply please submit your CV and portfolio with salary expectations to Olivia Crawford using the ‘apply’ button below.