Creating Adventurous Places is seeking a technical designer/engineer to join its team in South East England.
What we need
A technical designer/engineer with an eye for detail, a nose for problem-solving and a creative mind to deliver the best bespoke build packages possible for our clients and partners.
Who we’re looking for
From early scribbled ideas through to marketing-ready 3D visuals, Creating Adventurous Places (CAP.Co) has a track record in delivering bespoke adventure play with a complete sense of place, which just feels right in its environment.
The places we create allow children and parents alike to enter a world of imagination where each of our builds respond to and belong in their location embodying local stories, history and folklore into our play structures, making every build entirely unique.
If that sounds like your cup of tea then you should be self-starting in nature, capable of challenging opinion but open to constructive compromise and enjoy pushing boundaries.
What you’ll do
As part of the design team, you will produce planning, technical and construction level drawing packages for a wide range of some private but mostly commercially run adventure play sites, stand-alone visitor attractions, treehouse accommodation, viewing towers, occasional music festival setups and much more besides. You’ll exemplify our commitment to design detailing, ensuring quality and best practice at all times.
You will lead on the technical design side including, but not limited to, the following duties:
- make our unique and challenging designs a reality by communicating and collaborating with the wider team in all aspects of a design
- manage the technical design stage of all projects
- produce technical drawing packages for internal and external eyes, as per each individual client requirements
- act as key contact with structural engineers to achieve sign-off
- liaise with specialist suppliers to ensure accurate designs for onsite installation (bespoke slides/nets)
- present forward-thinking and sustainable alternatives, where appropriate
Apply if you have
- tertiary education in design/engineering (industrial design, product design, structural engineering) or a relevant field
- experience in producing construction drawing packages, preferably in natural materials, such as timber and/or steel
- proficiency in relevant 3D modelling packages (AutoCAD/SketchUp/Solidworks/3ds Max) and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator)
- thorough knowledge of playground safety standards and/or planning/building regulations is desirable (but not essential)
- a full and current driver’s license plus access to own transport is desirable due to the requirement to attend site visits and meetings as required
- motivation, drive and a can-do attitude (a sense of humour always helps too!)
However, if you believe you would be the right fit with transferable life skills/experiences/achievements, then we’d love to hear from you to have a good old-fashioned chinwag.
Please apply via the apply for job button below.
What we are offering
CAP.Co is a design and build company that has all the component parts required to create truly fantastically adventurous places. We are currently in the midst of an extremely exciting period of growth having recently completed our largest UK projects to date.
In addition to the opportunity to be involved in such diverse projects, we can offer a competitive salary and pension, plus you’ll have the flexibility of working from home (mostly) and enjoy free entry to regular, intimate and incomparable gigs at the world-renowned Tiger Bar in a secret location on the Norfolk Broads!
You’ll be joining a fantastic employee-owned business with huge international potential growing steadily year on year, that thrives on delivering genuinely unique projects that stimulate and excite both clients and their customers, every time.