Creative Machines is hiring a director of business development to join its team in Tucson, USA.
Creative Machines is one of the world’s largest and most capable studios creating large-scale public artworks and related projects. We have created the world’s largest and first in many categories of public art. We bring the highest level of technical sophistication, cultural sensitivity and effective management to projects – and our work has received many awards and achieved great longevity.
To get a feel for Creative Machines’ work and culture, visit:
- our website: https://www.creativemachines.com/
- our Instagram page: https://www.instagram.com/creativemachines/
- our LinkedIn page: https://www.linkedin.com/company/creative-machines/
Your job is to help this world-class company develop great relationships with world-class clients. Are you a natural connector and communicator who understands the worlds of public art, art in private development, and large-scale interactive experiences? We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated team member willing to take the initiative, hunt down new opportunities, strategize, and implement business development approaches that connect Creative Machines to the right clients worldwide.
Our goals for this position are both modest and ambitious. We are looking for quality rather than quantity. We would be happy if your work resulted in ten high-quality conversations with qualified potential clients every month, resulting in a contract every one to two months.
You would report directly to the company president and vice president. This job does not include supervising any other employees.
This job can be done on-site, hybrid, or completely remote. We would consider less than a full-time commitment, depending upon the unique qualities of the applicant.
The ideal director of business development is
A persuader: You are self-confident, motivating, and help others come around to our way of thinking.
An enthusiast: You love to try new things, meet new people, and expand other people’s understanding of what is possible.
A self-starter: You take initiative, set goals, and pursue them.
A thinker and doer: You enjoy both coming up with ideas and implementing them.
An expert organizer: You understand that business development requires a plan, lots of background knowledge, lots of research and a multi-pronged approach to creating connections. You have a strong intuition for where business opportunities lie. But you also have a rational and effective understanding of how to outline the steps necessary to achieve a goal.
Design aficionado: You have an interest in current trends in design, placemaking, and art – and you understand the placemaking and monumental art industries so you can help situate Creative Machines as a leader in the field.
Collaborator: You are passionate about working on a small team where all your ideas are heard and your work has a direct impact on the success of the company. You enjoy working on a wide variety of tasks and you believe that no task is too small if it helps move the company forward. You enjoy working with our marketing department.
Skilled storyteller: You are part storyteller, advocate, persuader, leader, and client whisperer. You are excited about communicating Creative Machines’ unique capabilities to the world and love coming up with strategies that lead to contracts with the right clients.
Feedback seeker: Creative Machines is highly collaborative environment. You enjoy collaborating and can explain the thought process behind your work. You are extremely open to feedback and revising/tweaking projects to get it right.
- research new targets for business development and work with CM leadership to develop strategies to reach these groups proactively
- reach out to these potential targets through phone calls, zoom meetings, trade shows and other in-person opportunities
- qualify leads
- participate in conversations with CM President and Vice President, slowly handing off the relationship
Experience and skills:
- great communication skills, intuition, interpersonal skills
- great knowledge of the high-end commissioning market and process
- some proficiency with Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite
- strong writing skills
- three to five years experience in a Business Development or similar role
Benefits and perks:
- health insurance
- discounted dental andvVision plans
- employer matching Simple IRA retirement account
- paid holidays
- hybrid, remote and flexible work plan
- a progressive company culture
- tuition reimbursement for continuing education
Please submit your resume and cover letter via the apply for job button below.