Cross Works is hiring a software engineer to join its team in London.
We are looking to hire a full-stack developer to join our growing technical team at Cross Works. Successful applicants will work within our technology department to create innovative software-based solutions for esteemed clientele.
For this role, you will need to be an efficient problem solver with great communication skills. A successful applicant will be ready to take on new challenges and be motivated to produce cutting-edge applications that integrate well with ESRI GIS systems.
- write clean, well-documented code that adheres to best practices
- develop user-friendly UI with an understanding of client needs
- design high-quality web and mobile applications
- use modern rendering libraries and frameworks in order to create interactive 2D/3D experiences
- optimise application performance and troubleshoot issues via debugging and resolving defects
- develop and manage back-end cloud services
- develop systems that can display GIS data in both 2D and 3D
- configure systems that integrate well with ESRI products and mapping SDKs
- work collaboratively in an agile development environment
- experience working in a commercial web development environment
- great programming skills with knowledge of software architecture
- experience with back-end cloud services such as Firebase or AWS
- knowledge of NoSQL databases, such as Firebase Firestore
- familiarity with server-side technologies such as Node.js
- experience in writing and maintaining database views, functions, and stored procedures
- proficiency in React and React Native skills
- experience using 2D/3D rendering libraries/frameworks such as Three.js, WebGL, Leaflet, or similar
- knowledge of ESRI products and GIS (Desirable)
- understanding of security best practices in web & mobile development
- understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies
- experience with version control systems, such as Git
- competitive salary and benefits (dependent on experience and capabilities), including a bonus scheme
- this position will require working in an office environment in London, full-time
- hybrid or remote work will not considered for this role
- eligibility to work in the UK is 100 per cent required. Sponsorship will not be considered for this specific role at this time
- we are an equal opportunity employer and actively encourage applications from all those who fulfil the job description and eligibility to work as above, regardless of sex, gender, orientation, nationality, ethnicity or age
Please send your CV and relevant/demonstrable experience and references, to this email via the button below for review and potential shortlisting for interview.