CTO Lighting is seeking a product developer to join its team in London.
CTO Lighting is a family-owned business that has built an enviable reputation worldwide over the past 24 years working with some of the leading interior designers such as David Collins Studio and Martin Brudnizki on exclusive projects such as Chiltern Street Firehouse and St Pancras Hotel.
We design and manufacture a range of luxury lighting distributed through our worldwide sales network alongside bespoke fixtures for prestigious design practices and projects. This is a great opportunity to work with some of the industries finest in a progressive design-led company.
CTO Lighting are looking for a product developer to work within the design team reporting directly to the design manager. We are looking for someone who wants to join our friendly and experienced team, working with them in a fast-paced commercial environment to grow and support our product range. The role offers an exciting opportunity for someone to work within our design team during a time of exceptional growth.
- develop light fixtures (fulfilling the brief), from concepts and prototypes to supplier and in house assembly and production ensuring cost targets are met. Working closely with the creative director and design manager
- work to our milestone planner, project managing the product development, on time production and cost targets whilst ensuring quality
- work with other departments on the supplier negotiations, delivering on a prototype and identifying opportunities for value engineering
- ensure a commercially viable product through pragmatic problem solving, product engineering and design revisions
- support our assembly facility with production, quality controls, supply chain and logistics in the development and implementation of new products prior to launch.
- product and revise assembly and manufacturing 2D/3D documents ensuring they correctly meet standards with associated tolerances
- manage and ensure products are delivered on time to the high standards required for new product marketing productions, photoshoots, and filming
- design, co-ordinate and deliver with marketing national and international trade shows or other marketing events, liaising with stand builders, event organisers, service suppliers and other internal/external stakeholders
- support the design and team and other departments on customised product enquires working on proposals, costs and technical documents for assembly and manufacturing
- any other duties to support the design team or the business as and when required
We would like:
- degree in product design, furniture design equivalent
- minimum three years’ relevant experience in lighting production design or product development role and in manufacturing environment
- knowledge of lighting and the interiors industry
- a passion for product development, experimentation and problem solving
- experience of leasing with other departments, factories and suppliers
- superbly organised and excellent project management with high attention to detail
- proficient in CAD (SolidWorks), Adobe (Photoshop/ InDesign/ Illustrator), MS office (MS Excel, word)
- strong project management and efficient planning skills
- excellent communication skills
- high level of numeracy and literacy in English and able to work in the UK
As the ideal candidate you will:
- passionate about the design industry
- knowledge of lighting and international standards (UL, CE, CB)
- enjoy solving problems and product development
- be flexible, adaptable with a dynamic approach to your work
- be mature, enthusiastic and be professional with other either internally or externally
- have a full clean driving license
Other relevant information
CTO Lighting offer an excellent opportunity for your personal development, a bonus scheme a great working environment and social calendar. The salary will be dependent on your skills and experience.
There is a statutory pension scheme and 20 days holiday (and an extra one day for every two years’ worked) plus statutory holidays.
Working hours are Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 6.00pm and Friday 8.30am to 1pm.
If you are interested to join our team, please send your CV and portfolio (PDF format, 10MB Max.), before 1 July.