DMBA is seeking Part 1 and 2 architectural assistants to join its team in London, ideally starting in early 2024.
DMBA is a RIBA chartered practice, driven to create beautiful, deliverable architecture which benefits the communities in which it is placed. We aim to grow in a fair, sustainable and equitable way for all, taking our dedicated team with us.
We currently have several significant projects and a strong pipeline of projects across a range of sectors with opportunities in commercial and residential, across both architecture and interiors. It is an exciting time to join us and develop your experience with an agile evolving business.
DMBA is seeking a creative-minded, self-motivated architectural assistant that is passionate about architecture and design with strong digital skills. Under the guidance of the project architect, the architectural assistant will be responsible for supporting the design team in the delivery of projects by undertaking a range of architectural duties and ensuring the effective and timely delivery. Part 2 architectural assistants will be required to work autonomously and demonstrate strong initiative.
Details of main duties and areas of responsibility:
- good organisational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- proficiency using AutoCAD, SketchUp, Adobe Creative Suite with strong hand-drawing skills
- knowledge of building regulations and construction techniques
- prepare, develop and edit, under the guidance of the project architecture drawings, models, images and other documents relating to the design
- a solid understanding of the planning process, RIBA stages of development and the UK development industry
- great problem-solving skills if faced with an issue, able to evaluate all the possible solutions
- quick lateral and forward-thinking capabilities with the ability to stay calm and positive under pressure
To apply, please send your CV using the apply for job button below, before the closing date 20 December 2023.