Dash Marshall is hiring an architect to join its team in New York.
A studio of architects who design the living $%@& out of everything we touch. Our work is a mix of renovations and ground-up, with a bit of urban strategy mixed in. Our bread and butter is residential work and we are currently growing a portfolio of commercial and cultural spaces. We work digitally but hand sketches are the lifeblood of the studio. We take collaboration seriously: between members of the studio and our partners and clients. We keep the studio clean, our accounts organized, and the work on point.
A great architectural designer who will excel in an entrepreneurial setting. You like working in a small team and can contribute to all phases of a project’s lifespan, from concept design to construction drawings. You’re able to work on your own but willing to ask for help when you need it, which you do eloquently because you have strong verbal and written communication skills. You can’t decide if you’re a pragmatist or an idealist.
Experience and qualifications
- one to five years’ of professional work experience at an architecture firm
- professional degree (B.Arch or M.Arch)
- proficiency in Rhino3D/AutoCAD is required
- knowledge of rendering program (Enscape or V-Ray) is desirable
- knowledge of Adobe Creative suite – Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator – is required
- must be legally authorized to work in the US
Duties and responsibilities:
- working across project types at varying scales including residential, retail, community, cultural, and furniture/objects
- project development and documentation across all phases: schematic design, design development, construction documents
- manage project communications with consultants, fabricators, product reps, etc. and participate in discussions with clients
- developing presentations, renderings and models
- assist in consultant coordination to maintain design intent
- supervision of documentation to maintain quality control of drawings sets and presentations
- assist with bidding and negotiations
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a CV, work samples (personal and academic), and two references as a single PDF no larger than 20MB via the apply for job button below quoting ‘DASH designer’ in the subject field. Do not send an Issuu link please.
faculty – @harvardgsd @taubmancollege