David Chipperfield Architects is seeking an accounts assistant to join its firm in London.
Reports to: finance director
Start date: as soon as possible
Working hours: Monday-Friday 9.00am-5.30pm with one hour for lunch
David Chipperfield Architects is a leading international practice with offices in London, Berlin, Milan and Shanghai. DCA London is looking for an experienced person to run our busy front of house and canteen area.
On top of a competitive salary, we offer staff a wide range of benefits: enhanced holiday, pension and parental leave provision, free access to cultural institutions, weekly in-house yoga classes, and we also have a league-winning football team. After passing the probation period, staff are eligible for a discretionary bonus scheme, private healthcare, employee assistance programme, paid professional memberships (where relevant), study trips in the UK and abroad, site visits, training opportunities (both inhouse CPD seminars and external courses), cycle-to-work scheme, interest-free season ticket loan etc.
Role description – general:
- to become a member of the accounting team and make a strong contribution to its wide range of support services to the architectural practice
- likely to suit someone studying for an AAT qualification, or similar, and who is embarking on a career path in financial/management accounting
- will suit someone who thrives in a fast-moving business environment and to whom precision is very important
- DCA will support an appropriate training programme
Accounts – Sage 50 and Deltek PMS (core duties):
- manage the use and authorisation of company credit card purchasing
- check, code and process company credit card expenditure
- monitor and check staff timesheets and expenses
- prepare back up data for rechargeable expense invoices
- collate purchase invoices for approval in a timely manner
- check, code and process purchase invoices into accounting system
- prepare and process monthly bank payment batches
- prepare all bank reconciliations in accounting system
- control, code and process petty cash expenditure
- prepare directors’ expenses for submission on Deltek
Miscellaneous (very occasional):
- other related administrative duties that may arise
- attention to detail
- organisational skills
- good team participation.
- self-motivated and proactive
- genuine interest in developing a career in accounting and business support
- good communication skills (confident telephone manner, writing skills)
Closing date: 19 August 2019
Response to successful candidates: 27 August
Interviews: 28 August – 6 September