David Chipperfield Architects is recruiting a hospitality assistant to join its team in London, UK.
Reports to: office manager, Monika Phillips
Start date: as soon as possible
Working hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5.30pm with one hour for lunch
David Chipperfield Architects is a leading international practice with offices in London, Berlin, Milan and Shanghai. DCA London is looking for an experienced person to run our busy front of house and canteen area.
Reporting to the office manager, you will be responsible for coordinating a wide variety of activities from meeting and greeting visitors to answering the phone and looking after our staff at our new offices on the Strand. This is a full time, permanent role that demands a dedicated self-starter with team spirit who shares our creative ambitions.
On top of a competitive salary, we offer staff a wide range of benefits: enhanced holiday, pension and parental leave provision, free access to cultural institutions, weekly in-house yoga classes, and we also have a league-winning football team. After passing the probation period, staff are eligible for a discretionary bonus scheme, private healthcare, employee assistance programme, paid professional memberships (where relevant), study trips in the UK and abroad, site visits, training opportunities (both inhouse CPD seminars and external courses), cycle-to-work scheme, interest-free season ticket loan etc.
- answering the door, welcoming clients/guests and preparing refreshments
- monitoring and helping to maintain info calendar
- making sure the canteen, coat racks and toilets are presentable all times and that all equipment is ready to clean and ready use (coffee machines, dishwashers, fridges etc.)
- ensuring overall tidiness of the office, clearing up after meetings
- coordinating/supporting internal and external events, such as office breakfasts, leaving drinks, our annual summer and Christmas party
- working closely with our cleaning company, ensuring premises are clean following our standard
- ordering food and beverages when required
- holiday cover for receptionist
- Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- excellent communications skills
- strong multi-tasking skills
- ability to work under pressure
- passion for hospitality and hosting
- self-motivated, with positive problem-solving attitude
- experience in similar role within corporate/office environment
- completed food hygiene training
- health and safety for food workers or similar course pass
- certificate-qualified first aider
Closing date: 19 August 2019
Response to successful candidates: 27 August
Interviews: 28 August – 6 September