David Collins Studio is seeking a designer to join its team in London.
David Collins Studio is looking for exceptional designers with high-end experience to join the commercial, residential and FF&E teams.
Day to day responsibilities:
- proactively participate in internal team meetings; explore and discuss creative concepts at appropriate stages in the project
- assist other team members in the development and preparation of design schemes
- produce AutoCAD drawings to the highest standard and DCS template requirements
- detail specific project requirements e.g.: furniture sketching, electrical drawings, models, etc.
- attend site visits with senior team members, taking notes; assisting with any FF&E or styling requirements during the final visits
- attend internal review meetings and assisting with any issues as they arise
- support across the administrative aspects of a project e.g. filing, source suppliers, manage incoming and outgoing drawings, catalogue presentation boards, etc.
Experience and qualifications:
- degree or equivalent in interior design, furniture design or architecture
- proven experience and developed creative ability gained from a related design practice (likely to be gained over two years)
- experience working with suppliers
- ability to interpret briefings correctly
- able to build strong, effective working relationships, internally and externally
- AutoCAD 2D/3D
- visualisation of other people’s ideas
Salary and benefits are very competitive and will be based on candidate experience.
To apply please submit your CV and portfolio via the ‘apply’ link below and state whether you are applying for the commercial, residential or FF&E team.
David Collins Studio is an equal opportunities employer and a partner of United in Design.
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom