David Phillips Furniture Group is hiring an interior designer to join its team in London.
The company and role
David Phillips Group has a 15 year, expansive understanding of the UK property market and work with PRS funds, individual investors, developers, estate and letting agents, property managers & institutional investors alike, to assist them in maximising their investment opportunities.
Within the David Phillips Group, their brands and services cover all that is required within the property furnishing sector including; interior design, furniture and home accessories, installation and styling on single and multi-unit platforms. This makes it possible to provide turn-key services to the highest profile developments throughout the whole of the UK.
Building on their recent successes, a new role has been developed which requires a junior/mid-weight designer who is creative, with a strong design and styling focus. The role requires someone that can take ownership of a project and work closely with colleagues from other departments.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for managing their own projects from concept to installation, including dressing show apartments and/or communal spaces. This involves taking a client briefing document and translating this into a deliverable, costed and attractive design scheme that is professionally presented to the client.
The role will require a competent designer who can work quickly to create design schemes for our clients, this will focus on show apartments and show units.
Using the David Phillips furniture collection, bespoke items, and additional elements such as artwork and soft furnishings to create conceptual, stimulating interiors that help our clients stand out from the competition.
- interior design qualification or equivalent
- to be proficient at CAD. 3D modelling also preferable
- proficient at working with Excel, Indesign and Photoshop
- very competent administration and organisational skills
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- outstanding attention to detail
- commercially awareness in terms of pricing structure & budgetary control
- a confident team player, with excellent communication skills for both internal and client-related matters
- presentation and client-facing experience
- personable, with a passion for interiors
- driving license
- CSCS card holder preferable
Duties and detail:
- liaise with clients and maintain relationships moving forward
- produce design concepts, proposals, mood boards and estimates when required and follow through the design process to fruition
- attend site visits when required
- sourcing and ordering of product
- project management
- to lead and direct the installation team on-site when required
- style and dress projects to an excellent show home standard
- sort and pick accessories in the warehouse when required
- project administration
Effective working relationships are an essential part of daily working life. The focus in this role is both:
- internal: colleagues within the design and product teams, business development operations, warehouse and deliverable teams, the principle directors of the company
- external: suppliers, agents, developers, landlords and private clients
The hours of work
Monday to Friday between 9am and 6pm, with a 1-hour lunch break.
(Frequent days onsite installations at various locations across London & the UK).
Holiday days per annum
20 day’s holiday, increasing 1 day per year served to a maximum of 25 days per annum.