Dawson Design Associates is seeking a senior interior designer with hospitality and project management experience to become part of its team in Seattle, USA.
Dawson Design Associates, an award-winning and internationally recognized hotel consultancy and design firm, is seeking a senior project interior designer to join our Seattle office. Our firm is a close-knit team of artistically talented and diverse professionals who bring to each project the full power of our collective experience and insight. We offer competitive salaries, a collaborative team environment, and a comprehensive benefits package. Extended formalized training in our own DDA graduate school program, study abroad possibilities, a world-class studio in downtown Seattle, and extensive opportunities to collaborate with our London office are just a few of the many benefits and opportunities offered to DDA employees. Both our Seattle and London offices are growing, and we are looking for dynamic designers to build the future of DDA.
- lead interior design and architecture assignments that include all aspects of conceptual design, schematic design, design development, construction documentation, permit processing, and construction administration
- supervise, mentor, and provide support to all team members in both offices for specific field, style, or phase of interior design expertise
- preside over or attend weekly project management meetings between both offices
- develop and deliver graphic presentations and design documentation for architectural interiors, including visuals, storyboards, material boards, and proposals
- ensure quality control at every stage of the design and production process with an exceptional degree of accuracy and attention to design detail
- create and maintain project spec book as both a working and archival interior design document
- generate competitive proposals, contracts, and other related documents
- monitor and accountability for billable time and project budgets
- participate in new business development efforts
- maintain up-to-date knowledge of products and materials available on the market for assigned studio
- research, select, and document the overall interiors package for a variety of projects, including but not limited to full FF&E:
- concept/style development
- color palette development
- interior finish material selection
- furniture and fabric selection
- fixture and equipment selection
- 10-15 years of minimum of relevant design experience in interiors
- bachelors’ degree in interior design or architecture
- hospitality industry experience
- excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- strong leadership, communication and relationship management skills
- strong AutoCAD experience required
- proficiency in Creative Adobe Suite applications
- time management and ability to multitask are essential
- expert knowledge of FF&E, color and materials and must have experience of high-level finish design for 4-5 star hospitality properties
- lighting design experience as related to application and development of custom lighting
- expert in interior detailing and detailed elevations
- expert knowledge of custom and buy out furniture specifications
- expert in spec writing and/or in spec writing software
- strong knowledge of the value engineering process
- additional certification or licensure is a plus
To thrive here in this position
You must be passionate about our work and projects, be curious, and love the process of discovery. We are always seeking candidates who are stimulated by challenge and have a knack for staying highly creative and focused regardless of the environment or situation. Your ability to thrive, both as a team member and independently, is essential. Your desire to constantly produce drawings and design of the highest quality will make you a vital member of the DDA team.
To learn more about Dawson Design Associates, please visit our website.
DDA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to equal opportunity without regard to age, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, disability, pregnancy, maternity, marriage, civil partnership, citizenship, disability, or any other basis of discrimination prohibited by applicable law.