Daylesford & Bamford is seeking an interior designer/FF&E specialist to become part of its team in Gloucestershire, UK.
Carole Bamford, Daylesford Organic and Bamford Ltd is looking for an interior designer to join her team in the Cotswolds.
Over forty years ago, Carole Bamford began a journey for a more conscious way of life.
What began as a desire to make a small difference has grown into Daylesford Organic, one of the most sustainable farms in the UK.
Alongside our farm in the Cotswolds we have an award-winning organic farmshop with a Cookery School, café and Bamford Haybarn Spa, and four further farmshops in London.
With stores and spas in the Cotswolds and London, Bamford is a philosophy rather than a label, creating timeless clothing from the finest natural fibres and purest body care from organic and botanical ingredients.
The interior designer will assist the senior interior designer, collaborating and initiating ideas with the client throughout the creative process, developing concepts and bringing options to the table.
Managing the sourcing, selection and production of interior design and FF&E on a variety of projects.
We offer support in a friendly and collaborative environment and the opportunity to work within a progressive business. We offer a competitive salary.
You will be a creative interior designer who is also comfortable working with detail to achieve beautifully crafted spaces. You should have a strong appreciation of conservation and sustainability along with an enthusiasm for contemporary adaptation and re-use of materials.
You should have a strong sense of initiative and be comfortable working with a team to complete projects within agreed budgets and deadlines. You should be an excellent communicator – able to connect with others and empathise with other points of view.
Your experience and qualifications
You must have work experience with a reputable interior design company and have delivered design schemes and complete FF&E packages through all design phases from initial concept through to site installation.
Bachelor’s degree required in interior design or related field.
Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe software, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office.
- interacting with various vendors on projects
- developing interior design resources (vendors, professional sources)
- coordinating and working with the team in the development of overall design concepts
- assist in the preparation of client presentations
- assist in preparing interior schemes and sample boards to include all fixed finishes, furniture finishes, fabrics and accessories
- assist in the selection and document necessary specifications, schedules and material references, approved colours, finishes, and materials required into a spec book
- assist in the concept furniture and joinery
- assist in the management of all project control samples
- be informed and regularly updated on various FF&E supplies and materials relative to design/decoration purposes and budgets
- update and maintain the FF&E library, researching new fabrics and suppliers
- good interpersonal and communication skills
- organisational and time management skills
- must be detail-oriented and thorough
- familiarity and knowledge of both traditional and contemporary style of interior materials, furnishings, accessories and artwork as well as architectural materials and its application in design projects
- passionate and aware of global design trends and FF&E supplies
- knowledge in sourcing FF&E and finishes
- familiarity and comprehension of working on FF&E project cost and budget control
Please submit a copy of your CV, with a covering letter including why you are interested in this role along with your salary expectations, using the ‘apply’ link below.
Closing date for applications 16 August.
No agencies please.