Daylesford & Bamford is looking for a senior interior designer to become part of its team in Gloucestershire, UK.
Carole Bamford, Daylesford Organic and Bamford Ltd is looking for a senior interior designer to join her team in the Cotswolds.
Over forty years ago, Carole Bamford began a journey for a more conscious way of life.
What began as a desire to make a small difference has grown into Daylesford Organic, one of the most sustainable farms in the UK.
Alongside our farm in the Cotswolds we have an award-winning organic farmshop with a Cookery School, café and Bamford Haybarn Spa, and four further farmshops in London.
With stores and spas in the Cotswolds and London, Bamford is a philosophy rather than a label, creating timeless clothing from the finest natural fibres and purest body care from organic and botanical ingredients.
The senior interior designer will collaborate with the client in the creative process and lead a small team to run multiple projects through all stages of design to a high level of detail. It is critical that the candidate has experience in sourcing supplies and manufacturers of the highest quality.
We offer support in a friendly and collaborative environment and the opportunity to work within a progressive business. We offer a competitive salary.
You will be a creative interior designer who is also comfortable working with detail to achieve beautifully crafted spaces. You should have a strong appreciation of conservation and sustainability along with an enthusiasm for contemporary adaptation and re-use of materials.
You should have a strong sense of initiative and be comfortable leading a team to complete projects within agreed budgets and deadlines. You should be an excellent communicator – able to connect with others and empathise with other points of view.
Your experience and qualifications
You must have at least five years’ work experience with a proven track record of working independently and as part of a team on large scale projects to a high level of excellence from initial briefing and concept to site installation.
Bachelor’s degree required in interior design or related field.
Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD, Adobe software, PowerPoint, Microsoft Office.
- producing overall creative direction and maintaining design DNA throughout
- managing projects on a day to day basis
- selecting, sourcing and implementing all fixed finishes along with all associated detailing
- preparing detail design packages and preparation of corresponding specification books
- designing joinery, bespoke furniture and lighting
- joinery and FF&E methodology
- sourcing and spec writing of all sanitaryware, ironmongery and fixed design elements
- prepare decorative lighting, small power and reflective ceiling plans
- coordination of all FF&E within the detail design packages
- providing on-site assistance, supplying sketches and answering queries
- attending and leading site meetings as representative of the client
- willing to travel internationally to source products where necessary
- having responsibility for all financial information concerning the (interior design) project
- good interpersonal and communication skills
- organisational and time management skills
- must be detail-oriented and thorough
- familiarity and knowledge of both traditional and contemporary style of interior materials, furnishings, accessories and artwork as well as architectural materials and its application in design projects
- passionate and aware of global design trends and FF&E supplies
- knowledge in sourcing FF&E and finishes
- familiarity and comprehension of working on FF&E project cost and budget control
Please submit a copy of your CV, with a covering letter including why you are interested in this role along with your salary expectations, using the ‘apply’ link below.
Closing date for applications 16 August.
No agencies please.