Daytrip.studio is looking for a senior interior designer with experience in high-end retail to join its team in London.
Daytrip.studio are an award-winning, innovative design consultancy specialising in creating exceptional retail, hospitality and residential spaces.
We are a growing, close-knit team looking for a talented and inspirational candidate with a keen interest in design and a positive attitude, who will contribute to our studio and assist manage projects. You should be passionate, inquisitive, excellent at problem-solving, have a strategic mind and be able to think on your feet. You will understand the latest trends, be a keen researcher and always looking to create innovative spaces.
- assist in the creative vision alongside the creative directors
- ensure the team successfully delivers projects on time, budget and to the highest standard
- work independently and mentor junior team members, developing their ability as designers
- be a professional representative of the company with the ability to present design concepts and ideas with confidence and passion
Knowledge and experience:
- minimum of seven years’ experience
- experience working on unique high-end retail essential
- knowledge of space planning and concept development
- proven experience producing detailed drawings packages, schedules and specifications
- good knowledge of FF&E and joinery and construction detailing
- liaising with architects, consultants, specialists and suppliers
- exceptional attention to detail
- excellent time management skills
- strong multi-tasking skills
- candidates must be comfortable working in a small team and managing colleagues
- good Vectorworks, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite skills essential
- excellent communication skills in English – verbal, written and visual
- we are looking for candidates who are up to speed with new and innovative design as well as having strong and instinctive abilities in spatial planning, 1:1 detailing and the application of materials
This is a full-time position on fixed term or permanent contract. Immediate start preferred.
All candidates should be eligible to work in the UK.
Daytrip.studio is an equal opportunities employer.
No agencies please.
Applicants should email a copy of their CV including samples of their portfolio including sketches, technical drawings with salary expectations.
Please submit applications using the ‘apply’ link below.
We look forward to hearing from you!
This position is only available to applicants based in the United Kingdom